Barnes staying at UNC? Irving & Plumlee leaving?

Randy Parker

Let's be honest- I don't want him to stay because he's good.

He didn't have the year that the talking heads predicted but he was very good by the end of the year. He would still be a high pick if he decided to enter.

How does UNC do it? Hansbourgh stayed all 4 years. They've had other good players hang around, like their championship team of 2005. Duke's been lucky as well keeping their talent around longer than one year, or even two. But everyone of Kentucky's players bolted for the NBA last year. Could you imagine what this UK team would be if just a few of those kids had stayed another year.

How does UNC do it? Hansbourgh stayed all 4 years. They've had other good players hang around, like their championship team of 2005. Duke's been lucky as well keeping their talent around longer than one year, or even two. But everyone of Kentucky's players bolted for the NBA last year. Could you imagine what this UK team would be if just a few of those kids had stayed another year.

I think it helps when your Dad is an orthopedic surgeon and your family is not dependent upon you to support them.

Well, for one, Barnes has not committed to staying yet. Hansborough was never going to be worth the kind of loot Barnes is.

I rarely watched Duke this year. Is Plumlee first-round quality?

He's definitely got the potential, but he has slipped quite a bit. Last projection I saw he wasn't even projected to go in the 2nd. Look for him to stay... Plus he'd get the chance to play with both of his brothers next year. I don't think he passes that up.

Yeah, I read that article and it is all speculation. I am thinking Irving and Barnes are gone as Cleveland has made it no secret that they will use their lottery picks on both if possible and for Plumlee to stay.

Irving's family is not dependent on him to take care of them either but I expect him to leave. If Tyler Hansbrough ever had been projected higher than the 15th pick he would have left early too.

Yeah, I read that article and it is all speculation. I am thinking Irving and Barnes are gone as Cleveland has made it no secret that they will use their lottery picks on both if possible and for Plumlee to stay.

Irving's family is not dependent on him to take care of them either but I expect him to leave. If Tyler Hansbrough ever had been projected higher than the 15th pick he would have left early too.

:thumb:

He would be crazy to do so with the current status of the NBA. He needs to be drafted and get into the rookie wage scale they have now before the CBA expires.
I thought the CBA would expire before the draft. Or more importantly before the picks have to be signed. So a guy drafted this year will be under the new rookie scale.