Christian County 46 Eastern 43

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing about the Sweet 16, the format. Seeding would make for a better championship game imo, but how would you do it?

Key stat for the game. Eastern with 15 turnovers, while Christian County had only 1.

Hickey had 22 points and four steals and really a poor shooting day ... 9-26 from the field, 2-8 from 3-point range and 2-8 from the line.

Kates was even worse ... 11 points on 2-12 shooting, but he was 6-6 from the line.

Couldn't have had a better day of high school basketball any place in the country than you had today in Lexington. So I think the comment about seeding and a better championship game, kind of takes care of itself.

As for who was better, maybe one team should take better care of the ball. Minus 14 in the turnover department seldom spells being the "better team." Forcing only one turnover in a game, doesn't really bring a ringing endorsement of the ball pressure one team applied. Or maybe it is a ringing endoresment that the other team only had one turnover despite all that ball pressure. An amazing stat, that spells a very good team.

Finally, it looks like Christian County survived a terrible shooting day and still won. Only teams that do a lot of other things well can do this, especially against a quality team like Eastern. Testament to how good Christian was this week to me, and how badly they must have outplayed Eastern in other areas to survive a rough shooting night.

You have to be kidding!!! It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt about it.

Lots of folks have lots of problems with the format. But please please PLEASE leave the Sweet 16 alone. Nothing like it!

The only bad thing about the Sweet 16, the format. Seeding would make for a better championship game imo, but how would you do it?
I think basketball fans all over the State of Kentucky was treated to a very special and memorable championship game. Not sure it could of been made any better. Based on a game like the one we just observed I don't see any potential format changes. If Eastern and Clark Co. had breezed through to the final four then cake walked in the finals, there may have been some room for argument.

The C-J reported that the CC game was Eastern's seventh in a row against teams rated in the top 20. Tough row to hoe.

Just getting out of that 7th Region for a trip to the Sweet 16 versus the likes of Ballard and Jeffersontown speaks for how strong a team Eastern had this season.

I thought they were very good and also were well coached.

Their coach showed a lot of class after Eastern was defeated by Christian County. I like to see that in this day and age because it is not necessarily the norm.

Congrats to Christian Co. They represented region 2 very well. But, Lou Eastern had the talent on the floor and didnt take advantage of an obvious size difference. I'm watching so many "post" players want to play outside the arc. B East, again had a size advantage, failed to take advantage. I just dont understand. But, in this case, I'm glad they didn't.

Congrats to Christian Co. They represented region 2 very well. But, Lou Eastern had the talent on the floor and didnt take advantage of an obvious size difference. I'm watching so many "post" players want to play outside the arc. B East, again had a size advantage, failed to take advantage. I just dont understand. But, in this case, I'm glad they didn't.

6'10 and wood rather shoot 3's. Eastern lost this game in my opinion because they have no offense. All they did was their 5-0ut spread and went one on one and took bad shot after bad shot. That will get you wins with the talent that they have. But in the state tournament in close games against good teams you have to execute and get good shots, Not one on one floaters or pull up threes off the dribble. Would have like to seen at least one set play down the stretch for Eastern. Just a high low with Woods and Gaines. When that game got close, Eastern had nothing to go to and Hickey took over for Christian Co. Congrats to them and coach Stovall he does an outstanding job.

6'10 and wood rather shoot 3's. Eastern lost this game in my opinion because they have no offense. All they did was their 5-0ut spread and went one on one and took bad shot after bad shot. That will get you wins with the talent that they have. But in the state tournament in close games against good teams you have to execute and get good shots, Not one on one floaters or pull up threes off the dribble. Would have like to seen at least one set play down the stretch for Eastern. Just a high low with Woods and Gaines. When that game got close, Eastern had nothing to go to and Hickey took over for Christian Co. Congrats to them and coach Stovall he does an outstanding job.

When I saw Eastern in the LIT, I thought they ran some sets, as opposed to Ballard, who I thought did not. I saw nothing of the State tournament so I can offer no opinion on their offense at Rupp. I thought they were better coached than Ballard - at least in January.

Funny when Woods hit 4 of 6 3 pointers in the regional finals it was a great move to leave him on the arc. When he missed a couple vs CC Coach Couch is an idiot. I believe that going 33-3 is pretty impressive. Congrats to CC on winning state, armchair point guards are a dime a dozen.

Funny when Woods hit 4 of 6 3 pointers in the regional finals it was a great move to leave him on the arc. When he missed a couple vs CC Coach Couch is an idiot. I believe that going 33-3 is pretty impressive. Congrats to CC on winning state, armchair point guards are a dime a dozen.

Its very impressive and coach coach is a good coach. However in the state tournament you have to execute and get good shots when the game is on the line. Woods may have hit some 3's but if im coach Stovall and I have to choose something to give up vs Eastern, I'll take letting a 6'10 kid shoot set shots from the 3 pt line. Eastern has an awesome team and should not have lost. I just think when you only run 5-0ut and force shots and they dont go down, which leaves no rebounding, you give an opponent that is good a chance to beat you and CCo. did it. Christian played man to man and Eastern only scored 43 pts

:ylsuper:

Its very impressive and coach coach is a good coach. However in the state tournament you have to execute and get good shots when the game is on the line. Woods may have hit some 3's but if im coach Stovall and I have to choose something to give up vs Eastern, I'll take letting a 6'10 kid shoot set shots from the 3 pt line. Eastern has an awesome team and should not have lost. I just think when you only run 5-0ut and force shots and they dont go down, which leaves no rebounding, you give an opponent that is good a chance to beat you and CCo. did it. Christian played man to man and Eastern only scored 43 pts