Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Upset Specials

Featured Replies

  • Author

Big upsets:

 

Washington over UNC in the second round

St John's in the Elite 8

Belmont over Wisconsin

Texas over Duke in the Sweet 16

Uconn in the Final four

Nova over Ohio State

Oakland over Texas

UC over UCONN

North Colorado over San Diego State

Wofford over BYU

Belmont over Wisconsin

Butler over Pitt

USC over GTOWN

Louisville over Kansas

  • Author
Nova over Ohio State

Oakland over Texas

UC over UCONN

North Colorado over San Diego State

Wofford over BYUBelmont over Wisconsin

Butler over Pitt

USC over GTOWN

Louisville over Kansas

 

Those would be huge upsets!

The biggest standout in the first round for me is Richmond beating Vandy. I believe there is a strong possibility for more, but will need a couple more days to think it all through.

KY and Louisville fans. They are all upset with good reason!

I have Mizzou in the Sweet 16- "The Fastest 40 Minutes" is tough to prepare for. I have them winning two games- beating UC and including round 2 over Kemba Walker and UConn.

Georgia over Washington

Missouri over Cincinnati

St. Johns in the Elite 8

Belmont over Wisconsin

Utah State in the Sweet 16

Time to look ahead and pick those brackets. What teams are you picking to pull off the upsets? Do you see some more 12-5 upsets this year? Any underdog teams that you think can make some noise all the way into the Elite 8? What do you have?

I'd say X/MU could provide a lower seed winning. Hope I'm wrong.

In my bracket I have:

 

(11) Marquette over (6) Xavier

(9) Villanova over (8) George Mason

(9) Tennessee over (8) Michigan

(11) Missouri over (6) Cincinnati

(10) Penn State over (7) Temple

(12) Richmond over (5) Vanderbilt

(9) Old Dominion over (8) Butler

(12) Utah State over (5) Kansas State

(13) Belmont over (4) Wisconsin

(11) Gonzaga over (6) St. John's

(10) Michigan State over (7) UCLA

My two cents worth...

 

EAST

 

Opening Round - Nothing in particular.

 

Long Term - I see Washington as a dangerous #7 seed. I think they are capable of making an Elite 8 run.

 

WEST

 

Opening Round - I think Memphis and Arizona is an intriguing 5/12 game. Oakland over Texas possibly.

 

Long Term - Although I consider it unlikely, Tennessee is a dangerous #9 seed if they could regain their early season form.

 

I think Oakland as a #13 is a real darkhorse. I heard several analysts on SIRIUS Radio touting them in the weeks leading into the tournament. If Texas plays to their potential, they won't win, but you never know how Texas will play. If they slip a little, Oakland is good enough to take them down I believe. And, if they can knock of Texas, they can potentially beat anyone in the bracket. If you want to get real risky, here's your pick.

 

 

SOUTHWEST

 

Opening Round - I like Richmond over Vandy. I also think G'town is ripe for an upset with the Chris Wright injury.

 

Long Term - UNLV could be a dangerous team. 6 of their 8 losses came to BYU, SD State and Louisville. Kansas is a tall order, but they were for Northern Iowa two years ago as well.

 

Richmond is capable of making it to the Round of 16 I believe.

 

SOUTHEAST

 

This is by far the toughest bracket to me. I like Pitt, BYU and Florida in the opening round. Other than that, anything could go down in this region and I wouldn't be surprised.

 

Old Dominion, Utah State, Belmont, Gonzaga and Michigan State are all lower seeds that could win. And, I think all of them are capable of winning more than once.

I think Oakland as a #13 is a real darkhorse. I heard several analysts on SIRIUS Radio touting them in the weeks leading into the tournament. If Texas plays to their potential, they won't win, but you never know how Texas will play. If they slip a little, Oakland is good enough to take them down I believe. And, if they can knock of Texas, they can potentially beat anyone in the bracket. If you want to get real risky, here's your pick.

 

The Texas choke job comes earlier than usual this year. I think Oakland outscores them and if Texas has a bad shooting day they might get ran out of the gym. Oakland can fill it up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.