Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Harrelson...I was way off.

Featured Replies

Has there been a player that has gone from obscurity to such an important piece of the puzzle like Harrelson? Last year, I thought that he was terrrible (that's right 3 "r's"). Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that he would become such a stabilizing force down low. I really appreciate his effort and hustle.

We fans love the good story when good kids are involved and that's why we love the Jorts story. 88 minutes TOTAL action last year with low expectations coming into this season. He gets zero style points which offends some. All he does is do what he's asked to do - play big, defend the post, block some shots, and rebound.

Has there been a player that has gone from obscurity to such an important piece of the puzzle like Harrelson? Last year, I thought that he was terrrible (that's right 3 "r's"). Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that he would become such a stabilizing force down low. I really appreciate his effort and hustle.

Totally agree. :thumb:

I was completely wrong about Harrelson as well, but he has been great. Truly shows that hardwork and heart can pay off. Plus maybe a lil luck.

 

He's been a huge piece to this UK team and he's grown to become one of my favorite all-time Cats!

I was glady wrong about him, because I said he would never do much to help this team. Here is hoping that he keeps proving me wrong.

I always liked Harrelson for some reason, but I never thought he'd play as well as he has this season.

I always liked Harrelson for some reason, but I never thought he'd play as well as he has this season.

Same here, I think it was some of the off the court stories that really showed what kind of a great person he is and a great ambassador for the UK program as well. I'm glad Harrelson is a Wildcat.

I always liked Harrelson for some reason, but I never thought he'd play as well as he has this season.

He has become a poor man's Joey Dorsey. Fine by me.

 

One thing I do not discount Cal on his ability to maximize the effort and potential of his players. Josh is a prime example of it and the type of unsung hero UK did not have last season.

 

Cal is the Jedi Mind Ninja of college basketball coaches. I really think it is why players come in to school, as Freshman, and play over their heads. A lot of it is just mental and he knows it. Even on Saturday he was adamant in saying that Terrance Jones is the best player in college basketball. We know it is not true, but he can push the buttons.

  • Author
Nothing since Scott Padgett

 

Yeah, but at least Padgett was heralded. He was a good recruit for Pitino, and you could see that he was talented. Harrelson wasn't even a blip on the radar until Kanter was in limbo and Vargas showed that he is not very good.

I was wrong also. I doubted him from day 1. Shame on me. Never again will I dobut anyone who has as cool of a nickname as Jorts.

I was wrong also. I doubted him from day 1. Shame on me. Never again will I dobut anyone who has as cool of a nickname as Jorts.

 

:lol: Awesome!

Cal is the Jedi Mind Ninja of college basketball coaches. I really think it is why players come in to school, as Freshman, and play over their heads. A lot of it is just mental and he knows it. Even on Saturday he was adamant in saying that Terrance Jones is the best player in college basketball. We know it is not true, but he can push the buttons.

 

I literally laughed when I heard Cal say that on Saturday, but you are definitely correct. He said it for a purpose. Every little thing that Coach Cal says or does has a purpose behind it.

Harrelson is also an example of how much better a player can play when he knows he gets to stay on the floor. Most kids (Players) when they have to look over their shoulder struggle to perform. Jorts knows that he is going to play 25 minutes plus so he can relax and play. This has helped his production, but so has his effort and Coach Cal's coaching ability!

  • Author
Harrelson is also an example of how much better a player can play when he knows he gets to stay on the floor. Most kids (Players) when they have to look over their shoulder struggle to perform. Jorts knows that he is going to play 25 minutes plus so he can relax and play. This has helped his production, but so has his effort and Coach Cal's coaching ability!

 

Amen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.