Greatest Multisport Athletes

HIGHLANDS GUY

I would think from my generation you could maybe say Evan Stowers (went on to be a solid diver in college and played on a great SK bball team as their point guard).

All American at Georgia Tech. I don't think he played basketball his senior year at SK though

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just off the top of my head..a few not mentioned..Eric Glaser-Highlands baseball and basketball, Randy Stegman-Highlands basketball and football, Charles Sheffield-Lloyd football and basketball, Brett Dietz-CovCath-football and basketball (maybe baseball too), Doug Jones-Dixie-football and basketball, Durran Jefferson-Holmes-basketball and football, Todd Vieth-St. Henry basketball and baseball, Jake Geisler-Newport Central Catholic basketball and football.

Todd "Heff" Conley - Elkhorn City (basketball,baseball, football)

A couple years ago when I was at EKU I ran into a guy at a ball game who was a cross checker or scout at the small level who relates his info to the guys at the upper levels. He had spent a lot of time traveling around small towns and small colleges and had saw a lot of people. Somehow where I was from became the topic and I told him Elkhorn City, he then proceeded to ask me about what the big Conley boy from up there was doing nowadays. I replied if I told you the truth you wouldn't believe me, his reply was, "thats a shame, hes the only kid I've ever saw who could have played pro ball in all three sports."

Stowers would not be at the top of my list & probably not in my top 10 of recent athletes.

I'm not saying where he should fall on the list, just that he deserves mention. Guy is an All-American at the collegiate level in a sport. Then was also the starting PG for one of the best teams in the region of the 2002-2003 season.

Another name I'll throw out...Brandon Englemon from Holmes. Great football and basketball player who went on to play football at Michigan.

Evan McDole was a pretty big time player for Brossart in Basketball and Baseball and went on to play Baseball at NKU.

Had Evan gone to NewCath, he would have been a DI prospect at TE also. The kid is a flat out athlete. Last year our TurkeyBowl had him guarding Mark Krebs. Needless to say, I felt rather unathletic.

If we are going to mention really good players who started in more than one sport, this will become the longest thread in BGP history. I can probably think of a hundred of these types of guys myself. Personally, if the player wasn't good enough to get a D1 scholarship or play professionally (baseball) then they aren't in the discussion IMO. In fact, they probably should have been good enough to go D1 in more than one sport.

I'm not saying where he should fall on the list, just that he deserves mention. Guy is an All-American at the collegiate level in a sport. Then was also the starting PG for one of the best teams in the region of the 2002-2003 season.

Another name I'll throw out...Brandon Englemon from Holmes. Great football and basketball player who went on to play football at Michigan.

My list of nominees of recent grads (within the past 10 years) would include these guys (admittedly, the list is heavy with CCH guys).

Brandent Englemon - Holmes '03 - Football, Basketball & Baseball

Stephen Muck - Cov Cath '04 - Basketball & Baseball

Luke Maile - Basketball & Baseball

Cory Farris - Baseball & Football

Evan McDole - Baseball & football

Tim Grogan - Baseball & Football (SS & QB)

Sean Ryan - Baseball & football (Catcher & RB)

Statewide:

JuJuan Spillman - PRP

Keenan Burton - Manual

Mike Bush - Male

Chris Lofton - Mason Co. (did he play football his senior year? I don't think so, but remember him being a very good WR).

My list of nominees of recent grads (within the past 10 years) would include these guys (admittedly, the list is heavy with CCH guys).

Brandent Englemon - Holmes '03 - Football, Basketball & Baseball

Stephen Muck - Cov Cath '04 - Basketball & Baseball

Luke Maile - Basketball & Baseball

Cory Farris - Baseball & Football

Evan McDole - Baseball & football

Tim Grogan - Baseball & Football (SS & QB)

Sean Ryan - Baseball & football (Catcher & RB)

Statewide:

JuJuan Spillman - PRP

Keenan Burton - Manual

Mike Bush - Male

Chris Lofton - Mason Co. (did he play football his senior year? I don't think so, but remember him being a very good WR).

Lofton played his senior year.