The Girl's Sweet 16 isn't over!

Yes every team deserves respect, but some times other teams are just that much better

My goodness, with no disrespect meant at all, in the event Rockcastle loses, you better be able to open wide enough for all of that foot to fit in there.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge fan of Girls sports as I have 2 daughters that either played or is currently playing so this comment may sound as bad as some of the over zealous posters on here but here it is.

Girls Basketball, nothing more and nothing less. Predictions in girls sports is as dangerous as a plumber playing with electric, not good and potential for shock.

Bad hair day, boyfriend troubles, cell phone textn limit exceeded on the 20th of the month with 10 days to go. Drama, drama, drama..............

Now, if you can show me a high school Girls basketball team in American that has none of the above then I will get on board then and make a nobody will beat us prediction. Just saynnnnn...... Good luck to all the teams in the Sweet 16.

As with any tournament there are 16 teams that are capable of winning this tournament....These teams all won their region and can upset any other team on any given night...did anybody honestly think that butler was going to be playing duke in the national championship game last year...that is the reason that these tournaments are so amazing...good luck to all 16 teams and I expect it to be an exciting tournament from beginning to end...I hope everybody has a safe travel to Diddle with all this rain and I will see you all in BG!!!

My bad Rebel 1984 that was mountain ref that said that. Sorry.

No problem....but I would never say that. I believe Rock has a chance to win it all, but I will agree with one of the other posters. There are 15 other teams that want to win the thing, too.

No problem....but I would never say that. I believe Rock has a chance to win it all, but I will agree with one of the other posters. There are 15 other teams that want to win the thing, too.

Want to win and talent to win are 2 different things. Rockcastle has the want to and talent, plus coaching experience. Yes every team has some good players and wants to win, but rockcastle has some real good players, plus a DI recruit.

What does this have to do with football. Most people here didn't think we would beat Highlands much less Boyle County. The only given in football for the last 20 years was that we would beat Madison Southern every single time!!

What does this have to do with football. Most people here didn't think we would beat Highlands much less Boyle County. The only given in football for the last 20 years was that we would beat Madison Southern every single time!!

Now I get it.

Edited by wirelessg
spelling

Want to win and talent to win are 2 different things. Rockcastle has the want to and talent, plus coaching experience. Yes every team has some good players and wants to win, but rockcastle has some real good players, plus a DI recruit.
There is something to say about being confident :D

Look what happened to Marion County last season, after entering the tournament as the favorite.

To be fair, most folks pointed to their first-round game as the actual state championship. If you'll recall, they played Mercy in the first round, second game of the tourney on opening Wednesday. Cracking on Marion for this would be about the same as if Eastern lost in the boys' first round this year to Warren Central, who is more than capable of winning the whole thing.

Manual has the talent to win the tournament but they will be without the services of 5-8 Jr. PG April Wilson who has verballed to Purdue but suffered a hand injury in practice last week. Manual still has a lot of weapons in their arsenal. I have seen all the contenders play this season and Rockcastle County, Manual, Marion County, and Bowling Green all bring a lot to the table. Newport Central Catholic beat Boone County to get to the big show and several other teams have solid squads. I believe it will be a very interesting week but I can't find a lock or absolute favorite in this field.