The Girl's Sweet 16 isn't over!

Rockcastle's girls are awesome we know this, but the Rockets still have to go to Bowling Green play ball and see what happens. If I were one of Rockcastle's fans I would not be writing on here how you all should blow this tournament up. There are 15 other teams who a capable of winning this thing. I would say Rockcastle is the favorite, but if you all were so much better they would just give you the trophy. Show some respect for the other teams in this tournament, and show some respect for your Lady Rockets as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but having seen the lady rockets play a few times this year, they are hands down the best team I have seen this year. I have seen Madison Central, Clay Co, Perry Co, Manual, Mercy, Bryan Station, Casey, Lincoln.

After looking at the brackets, the rockets have a easy road to the championship. They have already beaten their first opponet bad, and will probably play Clay Co, who they also beat pretty easy. So that right there puts them in the semis. I guess most rocket fans will say the same thing, at least that is what I have heard from some.

Rebel1984 posted on the Rockcastle-Casey County thread that Rockcastle is ready to roll through the Sweet 16 or something to that effect:confused:

There is another Girls HS BB message board I check out occasionally and the RC fans there have had the State Title won since mid-season or earlier! What we're seeing here is mild in comparison. I suppose we should admire their enthusiasm!?!?

Wish I could have seen them play this season, but they were never in any of the tournaments I saw. I saw them last season and I know they had four starters back including Hammond, but I'm not sure I see them as a lock or even the odds-on favorite (I believe I'd personally put Manual in that role). Could they win it all? Absolutely! But I don't see that being as easy as some of their fans seem to. I do believe they are on the esaiest side of the brackets but that doesn't guarantee a title. The Sweet 16 will be fun to follow for sure!

Rebel1984 posted on the Rockcastle-Casey County thread that Rockcastle is ready to roll through the Sweet 16 or something to that effect:confused:

hockey Rebel is one of the classy posters from Casey County.

This is what he actually said.

"Rockcastle has an opportunity to make a serious run next week. Best of luck to them in representing the 12th."

Rockcastle's girls are awesome we know this, but the Rockets still have to go to Bowling Green play ball and see what happens. If I were one of Rockcastle's fans I would not be writing on here how you all should blow this tournament up.

Aren't you the one that started the other thread asking for predictions?

Then you gripe because you don't like the predictions?

As they say on that football show:

C'MON MAN!

I personally don't see anybody in our bracket capable of upsetting Rockcastle County if they play their A game and we only play average. I do think Manual will be a test if we don.t come out hustling

I have seen both Rockcastle and Manual play 3 times this year. In the games I've seen, I would give a slight edge to Manual. With that said, RC is VERY good and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat Manual. Key thing is, they both have to make it to the finals!

Good Luck to all the teams that made it to EA Diddle!

Aren't you the one that started the other thread asking for predictions?

Then you gripe because you don't like the predictions?

As they say on that football show:

C'MON MAN!

All I'm saying is that there is a difference from making a prediction and just plain old be cocky. I have seen Rockcastle play 4 times this year and they are dynamite. All I'm saying is that I have seen this story line play itself out so many times, a team and there fans come out so cocky saying they'll win by 40 and so on only to lose and be made to look like a fool. You all at Rockcastle should remember this from the times you went to the State Championship in football. Everybody thought it was a given only to get blown out yourselves. I hope Rockcastle shows up because the Hammond girl has been great for this state as has shown the kind of girls basketball that is played in this state. I want Central to win, but some of the rhetoric from the Rocket fans even if you do win is a little absurd.