Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40

Boone certainly didn't look "inspired" in all areas today. A bit surprising.

The girl for NCC that seems to make them go is Bartels(sp?) #11. Not many girls in NKY can make the pull up J like she can.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Part of the thrill of winning the region is getting to climb the ladder and cut down the net while waving at your mom, dad, other family, and friends in the stands.

After NCC's victory today the basket was lowered to the point that the rim was waist high. Fans couldn't even see the girls cutting the net.

What is that about? Let each girl bask in the glory of a great basketball tradition.

Part of the thrill of winning the region is getting to climb the ladder and cut down the net while waving at your mom, dad, other family, and friends in the stands.

After NCC's victory today the basket was lowered to the point that the rim was waist high. Fans couldn't even see the girls cutting the net.

What is that about? Let each girl bask in the glory of a great basketball tradition.

My guess is that somewhere some basketball player fell off a ladder cutting down the nets and the insurance industry sent a memo out to all venues hosting championship games, that the safe way to cut down the nets was to lower the basket. While I can understand their concern, couldn't they have only lowered the basketball to about five feet off the floor!?

The girl for NCC that seems to make them go is Bartels(sp?) #11. Not many girls in NKY can make the pull up J like she can.

Agreed she defiantly makes NCC go and she is one of the most pure shooters in the region.

Ron Dawn is a wizard. It is almost unfair to have him coaching against mere-mortal girls' high school coaches. A very unfair advantage.

Arguably, his best coaching job, as this team did not appear to be as strong as last year's or the two he has coached in the past.

Congrats!!!

I completley agree with both points made in this post. Boone didn't want it like NCC did in my opinion and #11 played great, shes looked quick and could really hit off the dribble.

I agree that Boone did not play very inspired today. Moss seemed frustrated as well and just could not take over the game like she has so many other times and no one else from Boone stepped up down the stretch. Congratulations to NCC on a fantastic effort. They played their game and never panicked and hit big shots down the stretch. Good luck at state.

Congrats to NewCath. Did Moss play?

Only when she wanted to....thats a shame. If she plays hard for 32 minutes a game no one would beat Boone but that is what happens when you take plays off. She is a great player but it just blows my mind why some of the great ones turn it off and on instead of leaving it on all the time. Oh well congrats to NC on a great year and good luck down state.

It appears that NCC is on the favorable side of the bracket as well.

NCC will be the favorite in both games if they win the first one.....but the challenge will begin in the semis against Rockcastle County should they advance and i think they will...of course lets take it one game at a time....