Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40

Only when she wanted to....thats a shame. If she plays hard for 32 minutes a game no one would beat Boone but that is what happens when you take plays off. She is a great player but it just blows my mind why some of the great ones turn it off and on instead of leaving it on all the time. Oh well congrats to NC on a great year and good luck down state.

She is a very talented player but hard work and desire will beat talent everytime. Congratulations Lady Breds and good luck down state.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ron Dawn is a wizard. It is almost unfair to have him coaching against mere-mortal girls' high school coaches. A very unfair advantage.

Arguably, his best coaching job, as this team did not appear to be as strong as last year's or the two he has coached in the past.

Congrats!!!

It cannot be comforting to look down to the other end and see him on the opponent's bench.

Look at how much he lost from last year.

Dude can flat coach.

I agree that Boone did not play very inspired today. Moss seemed frustrated as well and just could not take over the game like she has so many other times and no one else from Boone stepped up down the stretch. Congratulations to NCC on a fantastic effort. They played their game and never panicked and hit big shots down the stretch. Good luck at state.

I've got a bunch of thoughts and comments I could throw in in response to this and some other posts in this thread but I'll just say this.................................the team that deserved to win the game won it, with a great game plan and outstanding guard play......Bartels was just sensational running their offense and hitting her shots. Congrats to NCC and go get 'em at Bowling Green!

The way that NCC plays defense will make every game they play down in Bowling Green a close one. They have been battle tested by playing a very tough schedule, they lost to #1 Manuel by 9.

The way that NCC plays defense will make every game they play down in Bowling Green a close one. They have been battle tested by playing a very tough schedule, they lost to #1 Manuel by 9.

NCC did a great job at closing out on the Boone shooters. They were flying to the ball.

NCC has been on fire since losing in the All "A" beating Ryle, NDA twice, and Boone. Many people wondered how they would rebound after the disappointment of the A and it shows what a strong group of girls they have.

Ron Dawn is a wizard. It is almost unfair to have him coaching against mere-mortal girls' high school coaches. A very unfair advantage.

Arguably, his best coaching job, as this team did not appear to be as strong as last year's or the two he has coached in the past.

Congrats!!!

Since Ron took over 3 seasons ago he is 72-16

3 Regional All "A" titles

1 All "A" State title

1 Regional title

Absolutely remarkable job of turning this program around.

She is a very talented player but hard work and desire will beat talent everytime. Congratulations Lady Breds and good luck down state.....

I agree 100 percent with your comment and that is why NCC won. I am not bias to either team I just like watching good players play. Moss is good enought to average 30 and 15 a game if she played with the heart and desire of some of the girls from NCC. She does things that 90 percent of girls just cant do....I would just like to see her do it for the whole game. People on here dont take this as bashing Moss because we know she is the reason they are where they are....i guess i am just selfish and want to see her dominate all the time.

great minutes down stretch from Olivia Huber! Unsung Hero in the 4th quarter. what a great team win for NCC. I love the three guard offense and the nice post play from Kiernan.

Ronnie know how to use his players to their fullest potential.

great minutes down stretch from Olivia Huber! Unsung Hero in the 4th quarter. what a great team win for NCC. I love the three guard offense and the nice post play from Kiernan.

Ronnie know how to use his players to their fullest potential.

What number? #3 with the really skinny arms?

Since Ron took over 3 seasons ago he is 72-16

3 Regional All "A" titles

1 All "A" State title

1 Regional title

Absolutely remarkable job of turning this program around.

WOW! I didnt know the program was in trouble or needed to be turned around. I just thought they couldnt win before because they didnt have the talent. LOL

I agree 100 percent with your comment and that is why NCC won. I am not bias to either team I just like watching good players play. Moss is good enought to average 30 and 15 a game if she played with the heart and desire of some of the girls from NCC. She does things that 90 percent of girls just cant do....I would just like to see her do it for the whole game. People on here dont take this as bashing Moss because we know she is the reason they are where they are....i guess i am just selfish and want to see her dominate all the time.

Dont be too tough on her. Maybe she was sick tonite or maybe she had a bad boyfriend day or a bad hair day. I have stated this many many times this yr when people went on and on about this team and that team and this player and this player. Girls basketball, nothing more, nothing less. There are not guarantees or much total domination.

Only when she wanted to....thats a shame. If she plays hard for 32 minutes a game no one would beat Boone but that is what happens when you take plays off. She is a great player but it just blows my mind why some of the great ones turn it off and on instead of leaving it on all the time. Oh well congrats to NC on a great year and good luck down state.

Probably gets that from her father.

[/b]

WOW! I didnt know the program was in trouble or needed to be turned around. I just thought they couldnt win before because they didnt have the talent. LOL

Well indeed NCC has been good in the 2000's but they missed region in 2006 and 2008 both years with a 13-15 record.