Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40

great minutes down stretch from Olivia Huber! Unsung Hero in the 4th quarter. what a great team win for NCC. I love the three guard offense and the nice post play from Kiernan.

Ronnie know how to use his players to their fullest potential.

She might weight 90 lbs. soaking wet, but she put one heck of a ball fake on Moss, who bit, and Huber kissed one off the glass.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a bunch of thoughts and comments I could throw in in response to this and some other posts in this thread but I'll just say this.................................the team that deserved to win the game won it, with a great game plan and outstanding guard play......Bartels was just sensational running their offense and hitting her shots. Congrats to NCC and go get 'em at Bowling Green!
:banana::banana::banana:

I agree 100 percent with your comment and that is why NCC won. I am not bias to either team I just like watching good players play. Moss is good enought to average 30 and 15 a game if she played with the heart and desire of some of the girls from NCC. She does things that 90 percent of girls just cant do....I would just like to see her do it for the whole game. People on here dont take this as bashing Moss because we know she is the reason they are where they are....i guess i am just selfish and want to see her dominate all the time.

Shouldn't of singled her out. She is extremely talented with a awesome future ahead of her. I think this is a message I try to drive home to my own daughter about hard work vs talent No disrespect.

Dont be too tough on her. Maybe she was sick tonite or maybe she had a bad boyfriend day or a bad hair day. I have stated this many many times this yr when people went on and on about this team and that team and this player and this player. Girls basketball, nothing more, nothing less. There are not guarantees or much total domination.

Thanks for some perspective. More truth in your post than is actually known. I also wonder how many of the posters here are 100% at their jobs every day.

It's tough when you're close to a player to sit back and not respond to some of the type things being said in this thread, but I've been toughened to it over the years. My best-approach take is that some people just don't think about what they are saying sometimes. My worst-approach take would probably get me banned!

Thanks Shockey. As I said, some people apparently don't think about what they say. Syd gets her athletic abilty from her father (as well as a smidgen from her grandfather! :D), but her personality make-up and attitude is uniquely her own.

I wasn't at the game, but from what I saw Friday the girls didn't seem that inspired then either. I thought it may have been due to St. Henry's stall ball but I guess it carried over Sunday as well.

How many times in the last ten years or so have these two teams squared off in the regional finals? If I remember correctly they did in '03 and '04.

I wasn't at the game, but from what I saw Friday the girls didn't seem that inspired then either. I thought it may have been due to St. Henry's stall ball but I guess it carried over Sunday as well.

How many times in the last ten years or so have these two teams squared off in the regional finals? If I remember correctly they did in '03 and '04.

'09

It appeared to me as though the Boone players were perhaps a little over confident and expected to win. It also appeared the players were sitting back "waiting" for Sydney to take over. Ron had a great game-plan and his team executed. He knew eventually Syd would try to take over so he ran the wings at her to disrupt her game. NCC made a "full" commitment to force other players to step-up and beat'em, but Boone seemed to stand-around waiting on Syd to carry them. The Bred's closed out on the shooters and forced the ball to go to the players less-likely to make the big shots/plays down the stretch.

Ya can't under estimate what it means to have an experienced leader at the PG position on the big stage. Boone has had that luxury over the past several years. Jones will get there, but for now she really needs to develop her shot because her defender just sits back in the paint and clogs up the middle.

How many times during our lives have we heard and said "free throws - free throws - free throws???" my my my...

Who made the All-Tournament Team? Of course, there is no mention of it in the Enquirer. They have the boys team listed, but not the girls.

Here it is, from the KY Post:

9th Region Girl's All-tournament team:

Newport Central Catholic- Hannah Thiem, Brittany Fryer; Boone County- Sydney Moss, Stacie Shrout; Notre Dame- Chandler Clark, Olivia Voskuhl; St.Henry- Jessica Knaley, Abby Janszen; Highlands- Allie Conner; Holy Cross- DeAsia Beal; Ryle- Ashley Cheesman; Villa Madonna- Allie Hennard. MVP- Kiley Bartels, Newport Central Catholic.

Thanks for some perspective. More truth in your post than is actually known. I also wonder how many of the posters here are 100% at their jobs every day.

It's tough when you're close to a player to sit back and not respond to some of the type things being said in this thread, but I've been toughened to it over the years. My best-approach take is that some people just don't think about what they are saying sometimes. My worst-approach take would probably get me banned!

If my job lasted only 32 minutes, I know I would give 100% all the time.