Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who should be #1?

Featured Replies

Duke:

 

Kansas State in Kansas City

Oregon in Portland

Butler in East Rutherford

St. Johns in Manhatten

 

 

You're right.

 

Is that your answer to the "What good wins do they have" question?

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ They got throttled by St. John's, but they've beaten Carolina, have a shot at Temple tomorrow.....I also feel if Irving comes back, they are the best team.

 

Speaking of, where do they stand on that?

Duke:

 

Kansas State in Kansas City

Oregon in Portland

Butler in East Rutherford

St. Johns in Manhatten

 

 

You're right.

 

They lost to SJU.

 

The other 3 would be "good" if this were 2010.

 

Colorado has beaten KSU twice this year.

Butler has been beaten by Evansville, UMW twice, YSU(are they still D1?), Valpo, and Wright St.

Oregon is .500 in a weak Pac 10.

 

Cris Carter called and told me to relay a message to you. Cmon, man!

 

It doesn't mean they can't win the tourney. I just can't justify saying they're the overall #1.

 

All bets are off if Irving comes back healthy.

Is that your answer to the "What good wins do they have" question?

 

No, that was my answer to the OOC games they played away from home.

They lost to SJU.

 

The other 3 would be "good" if this were 2010.

 

Colorado has beaten KSU twice this year.

Butler has been beaten by Evansville, UMW twice, YSU(are they still D1?), Valpo, and Wright St.

Oregon is .500 in a weak Pac 10.

 

Cris Carter called and told me to relay a message to you. Cmon, man!

 

It doesn't mean they can't win the tourney. I just can't justify saying they're the overall #1.

 

All bets are off if Irving comes back healthy.

 

Good argument. I have to concur.

^ If I said those were their good wins, I would agree.

^ If I said those were their good wins, I would agree.

 

Guilty as charged.

I still like Ohio State. Two losses at VERY tough places.

 

I agree.......

 

1. Ohio State

2. Duke

3, Texas

4. Kansas / Pitt

Edited by oldrambler

I swear we had these exact comments about last years Duke team.

I swear we had these exact comments about last years Duke team.

But in a different realm. Duke coming in was the favorite to win it all. Last year Duke looked pedestrian out of the gate and got things going and took the last #1 seed. I am not seeing much anti-Duke/Duke against the world sentiment as some are looking for.

Edited by bugatti

But in a different realm. Duke coming in what the favorite to win it all. Last year Duke looked pedestrian out of the gate and got things going and took the last #1 seed. I am not seeing much anti-Duke/Duke against the world sentiment as some are looking for.

 

I don't see much anti-Duke this year either. Granted their losses look better now, then they did when they happened. I also sense, that most feel if Kyrie comes back, they jump right back to the top of the heap again.

I don't see much anti-Duke this year either. Granted their losses look better now, then they did when they happened. I also sense, that most feel if Kyrie comes back, they jump right back to the top of the heap again.

 

Rumors are out there he'll be playing this time next week. If that's true or not... is to be seen.

But in a different realm. Duke coming in was the favorite to win it all. Last year Duke looked pedestrian out of the gate and got things going and took the last #1 seed. I am not seeing much anti-Duke/Duke against the world sentiment as some are looking for.

 

I haven't seen or heard of a team being ranked #1 and it being discussed/debated/chastised by the media in a while. Maybe not on BGP there isn't much anti-Duke sentiment but it is still out there.

Imagine if Duke got the number 1 seed and either of those teams were in our bracket. I know you remember the talk last year of giving us the easiest bracket:lol:.

 

The sad part is....say Duke runs the table from here on out. They deserve to have SDSU or BYU in their bracket, IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.