Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who should be #1?

Featured Replies

With Ohio State, Kansas, Texas, and Pitt all losing, who should assume the top spot?

 

Duke or one of these 4????

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke. Two road losses that weren't pretty but they are still the team. Ohio State is still my #2 and Kansas probably #3. Then Texas. Fill the rest in with five Big East teams, BYU, SDSU, etc.

I was extremely surprised to see Kansas still at #2 after the beating they took. How they fall 1 spot for getting blown out by a team that was unranked and even now has no receiving votes is beyond me. Heck, they dropped Pitt two spots for losing by 1 to a team that has entered the polls this week and has beaten top teams repeatedly at home!

I was extremely surprised to see Kansas still at #2 after the beating they took. How they fall 1 spot for getting blown out by a team that was unranked and even now has no receiving votes is beyond me. Heck, they dropped Pitt two spots for losing by 1 to a team that has entered the polls this week and has beaten top teams repeatedly at home!

Rankings are dumb. Fun to discuss, but they mean little to nothing. It would not shock me to see all the top 5 teams drop 1-2 more games before the NCAA tournament. By default Texas and/or Kansas have to lose another game.

Agreed Bugatti. At this point in the season the only thing I've discovered is what I already knew. Duke and Ohio State are really good teams most nights, they also can be beaten by the right team on the right night. Kansas, Texas are good teams that can succumb to pressure and hot shooting by another team with talent. Pitt is good but always seems to lack one thing that makes them really great. Everyone else in the country is somewhere in the middle. Like last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team come on late, make a tournament run, and end up the Champions despite not really being considered a big player going into the tournament.

If I were to cast a vote, it would be for tOSU. Both of their losses came to ranked opponents on the home courts in which they have not lost. They should have beat Wisconsin and were in the Purdue game though the final score reflects otherwise. I would say their losses do not look as bad as the losses from the other teams discussed.

I would guess Kansas and Texas won't be in the same bracket so Duke, Pitt or OSU will have the 5th best team in their bracket for the tournament. Other than that it doesn't matter what they're ranked now. If I was the big 5 I'd love to have SD St. or BYU as 2 seeds rather than the team left out of the #1 seeds.

I would guess Kansas and Texas won't be in the same bracket so Duke, Pitt or OSU will have the 5th best team in their bracket for the tournament. Other than that it doesn't matter what they're ranked now. If I was the big 5 I'd love to have SD St. or BYU as 2 seeds rather than the team left out of the #1 seeds.

 

Yep, that's the real draw right there to see who gets SD St and BYU. I think (want) Ohio St to be the number 1 overall seed, followed by Duke, Pitt and Kansas. Texas the top #2 with the likes of SD St., BYU, and then ???

Yep, that's the real draw right there to see who gets SD St and BYU. I think (want) Ohio St to be the number 1 overall seed, followed by Duke, Pitt and Kansas. Texas the top #2 with the likes of SD St., BYU, and then ???

 

Imagine if Duke got the number 1 seed and either of those teams were in our bracket. I know you remember the talk last year of giving us the easiest bracket:lol:.

I would say not Puke because they play no non conference games away only at home and I think Ohio State should be Number One!

Go Big Blue

I can't put Duke #1 simply because I can't answer this question.

 

Who are their "good" wins?

Duke:

 

Kansas State in Kansas City

Oregon in Portland

Butler in East Rutherford

St. Johns in Manhatten

 

 

You're right.

Duke:

 

Kansas State in Kansas City

Oregon in Portland

Butler in East Rutherford

St. Johns in Manhatten

 

 

You're right.

 

Those are 4 good wins in my book. Duke should be #1 and I still think they are the best team in the country with Irving healthy. And that is coming from a UK fan.

^ They got throttled by St. John's, but they've beaten Carolina, have a shot at Temple tomorrow.....I also feel if Irving comes back, they are the best team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.