Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We Were Right About Tubby

Featured Replies

Interesting. But what if he is the Jerry Tipton of the Minnesota press. Is he still right?

So now they are upset that he has kept them a top 30 team the whole time while he has been there? It's not like Minnesota has been a storied program with a rich winning history. I guess they are just tired of being mediocre.

Didn't realize that Minnesota had a rich history of winning. His article makes me feel like he insulted Kentuckians....He seems like Tipton to me.

^ The part where he said we still fly confederate flags or where he calls us racist?

^ I was going with "Y'all". Some of us can comprehend the word "you".

I think that people need to stop bashing Tubby, not mattering if they are in Minnesota, Kentucky, or anywhere else. He had his flaws and weaknesses, but he is very respectable. I would take him before I would plenty of others that's coached the game.

Didn't realize that Minnesota had a rich history of winning. .

 

Exactly. What did he expect from Tubby?

There are a handfull of jobs Tubby can't do, those expecting a final 4 each year. Minnesota people need to get real, he has made their program relevant when it's never been relevant. If their asking for final 4's it's probably not happening. They will get a competitve team who will have their fair share of upsets of bigger programs.

He was getting on Tubby for complaining about his players and laying the blame for losses solely on them. He said he had run off a couple of guards and now is complaining about no depth at that position. Tubby is making excuses for the trouble with this team and its someone elses fault other than himself.

Exactly. What did he expect from Tubby?

I agree , Minnesota had no basketball winning tradition before Tubby....None. At least where things were done right there.

Tubby Smith is a top level basketball coach that does things the right way and has won everywhere he has been, the man is a class act. Tubby is stringing together consistent 20 wins plus winning seasons at Minnesota. Tubby will have that program in the ratings year in and year out.

One point imo some are not considering about recruiting to Minnesota.....unless a kid and his family love consistent sub zero temps and mountains of snow and ice then Minneapolis is not exactly a prime location to recruit to. :sssh::D

People in Minnesota are racists. There I said it.

People in Minnesota are racists. There I said it.

 

Thanks!

 

 

BTW I think Tubby is doing a decent job for the Gophers. Lets not forget they were chicken poop when he got there. It takes time to make Chicken Salad.

People in Minnesota are racists. There I said it.

 

 

:laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.