Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We Were Right About Tubby

Featured Replies

Nothing like a few stereotypes being thrown around by some supposed social elitist. Apparently he forgot the moonshine and feuding references. The guy is a clown and a social bigot. Like Will Rogers might have said, "I never met a man I didn't like. Of course, I've never met anyone from Minnesota . . ."

 

BTW I think Tubby is doing a decent job for the Gophers. Lets not forget they were chicken poop when he got there.

 

:thumb:

^ I was going with "Y'all". Some of us can comprehend the word "you".

 

True, but generally if you greet strangers with "you" instead of "y'all" at first in Kentucky, you will immediately be branded as an outsider to be viewed with suspicion.

True, but generally if you greet strangers with "you" instead of "y'all" at first in Kentucky, you will immediately be branded as an outsider to be viewed with suspicion.

 

I don't know that I've ever said the "y'all" in my life.

True, but generally if you greet strangers with "you" instead of "y'all" at first in Kentucky, you will immediately be branded as an outsider to be viewed with suspicion.

 

Speaking of social elitists.

 

Tubby is a thief. Just stealing more money and employing his buddies and family members.

I think he is taking a cheap shot at Tubby for making excuses more than his results.

Surely they didn't expect Tubby to turn the Gophers into the pinnacle of college basketball. That writer's a lot dumber than he looks if he really thought that.

Nothing like a few stereotypes being thrown around by some supposed social elitist. Apparently he forgot the moonshine and feuding references. The guy is a clown and a social bigot. Like Will Rogers might have said, "I never met a man I didn't like. Of course, I've never met anyone from Minnesota . . ."

 

Nicely done. I like the quote.

The guy is from Chicago and many people in Mn can't stand him either. Didn't one of their really good gaurds go down? I heard that he was the team leader and if not for his injury that Mn would have had a much better chance in March! Some in MN just expected too much, Tubby is doing well there and as others have mentioned MN is not the best place to recruit, he had made them better, they all should be happy.

The team has basically been ranked all year, and he is complaining? Being ranked all year, is something that Minnesota is probably not use to. However its been now 4 years since Tubby left. I know I hope he does well up there, however I sure hope we don't get into all these arguments again about it.

Speaking of social elitists.

 

Since I'm as guilty as my fellow Kentuckians of this behavior, how again does that make me a "social elitist?" Hell, I even live on the wrong side of the tracks.

Tubby's gonna win around 20 games with 10+ losses and make it to a sweet 16 every now and again. That's what you're getting with him. I knew that, I'd like to assume that most here knew that. Why did Minnesota not know that if they were wanting more?

Tubby's gonna win around 20 games with 10+ losses and make it to a sweet 16 every now and again. That's what you're getting with him. I knew that, I'd like to assume that most here knew that. Why did Minnesota not know that if they were wanting more?

 

No kidding. If you look at his body of work, at one of the top 5 programs in the country, it would lead you to believe that. He had 10 years to prove who he was, w/ all of the resources that a coach could use. Who he is is a 20win/10 loss coach. Did MN really expect him to be better there than at UK?

No kidding. If you look at his body of work, at one of the top 5 programs in the country, it would lead you to believe that. He had 10 years to prove who he was, w/ all of the resources that a coach could use. Who he is is a 20win/10 loss coach. Did MN really expect him to be better there than at UK?

 

Yeah exactly they should be happy that people actually know they have a basketball program, let alone making it to the NCAA consistently and being ranked for a good part of the season. One would think Minnesota would appreciate that seeing as before he got there they were losing to grade school teams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.