February 3, 201115 yr Really? An arena guy? He's young, and has family ties to a pretty good coach, I'd say it'll be interesting to see what happens. My first knee jerk reaction was the same as yours, but at the same time I guess we need to let it play out and see what happens. Not like we have much of a choice.
February 3, 201115 yr At least we won't have to worry about seeing double tight end sets and five yard outs as often.
February 3, 201115 yr Author He was also on John Gruden's staff @ Tampa Bay. Word was that John would have considered the U of Miami head job if Jay could be on his staff and named coach in waiting.
February 3, 201115 yr Maybe they are hoping Jon will join the staff to be with his brother. Of course, Jon is not that stupid!! Maybe Jon can help him with a playbook behind the scenes.
February 3, 201115 yr I am not sure how I feel about this yet. Obviously would have been nice to have someone with some more NFL experience. However former NFL players who have played for him in the UFL, and Arena league have said he has one of the best and most creative offensive minds they have ever been around. So who knows maybe the Bengals made a good move here. If this report is true, we can only hope that his offensive success translates to the NFL. I do like the energy he probably would bring to this offense though. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-08-28/sports/os-bianchi-tbd-0829-20100828_1_florida-tuskers-jay-gruden-love-coaching
February 3, 201115 yr Is Brown setting himself up to get Jon when Marvin and Carson have another melt down this year or next?
February 3, 201115 yr Author Is Brown setting himself up to get Jon when Marvin and Carson have another melt down this year or next? You don't honestly think Jon Gruden would be that stupid do you? His name has been mentioned many times with some glamorous opportunities. What is glamorous about working for Mike Brown?
February 3, 201115 yr You don't honestly think Jon Gruden would be that stupid do you? His name has been mentioned many times with some glamorous opportunities. What is glamorous about working for Mike Brown? Working with his brother. I'm sure that once Brown doesn't sell tickets he'll be more desperate and he'll give up some control.
February 3, 201115 yr Really? An arena guy? Did he coach arena? If so, that would be awesome to see Chad Johnson doing the forward motion thing. I saw the article say UFL. That is the minor league football league created last season. Has five teams I believe.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.