Bengals reportedly hire new offensive coordinator

Working with his brother. I'm sure that once Brown doesn't sell tickets he'll be more desperate and he'll give up some control.

They didn't sell tickets in the 90 and early 2000's and that didn't force him to give up control, or get more scouts. That dream will just not happen, and if Jay is coming here. Which the more I think about it, the more I like this hire actually. Their really isn't any big names out there, since they waited so long to make a move. So they were going to probably be giving some guy the job, who has not been an OC before. He really might be the best guy left to give it to, plus he is suppose to have a very good and creative offensive mind. Plus probably will have a lot of energy, so all these things are things the Bengals need on offense.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't sell tickets in the 90 and early 2000's and that didn't force him to give up control, or get more scouts. That dream will just not happen, and if Jay is coming here. Which the more I think about it, the more I like this hire actually. Their really isn't any big names out there, since they waited so long to make a move. So they were going to probably be giving some guy the job, who has not been an OC before. He really might be the best guy left to give it to, plus he is suppose to have a very good and creative offensive mind. Plus probably will have a lot of energy, so all these things are things the Bengals need on offense.

The fan base is dumb, but growing increasingly smarter. Back in the early 00's they didn't care about scouts they wanted a coaching change and someone they thought would have some say in personel. They got the "hot" coordinator name and tickets sold. Now the fan base wanted Brat gone seemingly against the wishes of Carson and Chad and they got it and the person has a familiar last name. We're talking ourselves into an Arena and UFL coach as a coordinator. When they fail again either next year or the year after and they aren't selling any tickets Brown might go after Jon Gruden and sell the fans on him making decisions. He might not make them but Brown will try to sell that to him and the fan base.