February 3, 201115 yr Working with his brother. I'm sure that once Brown doesn't sell tickets he'll be more desperate and he'll give up some control. They didn't sell tickets in the 90 and early 2000's and that didn't force him to give up control, or get more scouts. That dream will just not happen, and if Jay is coming here. Which the more I think about it, the more I like this hire actually. Their really isn't any big names out there, since they waited so long to make a move. So they were going to probably be giving some guy the job, who has not been an OC before. He really might be the best guy left to give it to, plus he is suppose to have a very good and creative offensive mind. Plus probably will have a lot of energy, so all these things are things the Bengals need on offense.
February 3, 201115 yr They didn't sell tickets in the 90 and early 2000's and that didn't force him to give up control, or get more scouts. That dream will just not happen, and if Jay is coming here. Which the more I think about it, the more I like this hire actually. Their really isn't any big names out there, since they waited so long to make a move. So they were going to probably be giving some guy the job, who has not been an OC before. He really might be the best guy left to give it to, plus he is suppose to have a very good and creative offensive mind. Plus probably will have a lot of energy, so all these things are things the Bengals need on offense. The fan base is dumb, but growing increasingly smarter. Back in the early 00's they didn't care about scouts they wanted a coaching change and someone they thought would have some say in personel. They got the "hot" coordinator name and tickets sold. Now the fan base wanted Brat gone seemingly against the wishes of Carson and Chad and they got it and the person has a familiar last name. We're talking ourselves into an Arena and UFL coach as a coordinator. When they fail again either next year or the year after and they aren't selling any tickets Brown might go after Jon Gruden and sell the fans on him making decisions. He might not make them but Brown will try to sell that to him and the fan base.
February 3, 201115 yr I remember him from Arena 1 football. He wasn't bad, I think his teams did pretty well.
February 3, 201115 yr I like it better than a Zampese or Sheppard hire. Those hires would have been the "whatever" hires. This one is at least a bit interesting...
February 3, 201115 yr Does anyone else think Chad is whining solely because he doesn't want to learn a new offense?
February 3, 201115 yr I like them going outside, and bringing in a new young mind, who does seem to have had some success. Also, bringing back some of the west coast offense will be good imo as well. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/All-signs-point-to-Jay-Gruden-/c5dc9002-b0aa-462a-af48-8de0868ba326
February 3, 201115 yr Guess it is now official. http://www.wlwt.com/sports/26728973/detail.html Bengals tweet about it!
February 3, 201115 yr Now all we need is Kolb to be are QB! I could be confusing you with someone else, but I thought you were a Cleveland fan...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.