Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY POY: One Month to Go

Featured Replies

With about 4 weeks left in the regular season who ya got as POY in NKY?

 

Let's include all teams from Boone/Kenton/Campbell in the discussion.

 

1. Geisler

2. Thelen

3. Smith

4. Brown

5. Hatton

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I'd go with Stauffer as my #6.

I would move Brown to number 2. And the gap between 1 and 2-5 is very big IMO. If Geisler doesn't win by a wide margin, the voters should be ashamed.

I would move Brown to number 2. And the gap between 1 and 2-5 is very big IMO. If Geisler doesn't win by a wide margin, the voters should be ashamed.

 

And why is that?

And why is that?

 

Do you really think this is in doubt? Geisler was pre season choice for POY and has been great all year long. NCC is without a doubt the surprise team of the season and it is because of him. I just don't see any possible argument for someone other than Geisler.

  • Author

Unless something drastic happens I do think Geisler wins it going away.

I also would say that Trevan Brown is a pretty clear choice at #2 for me. He is having an incredible season and leading a Boone team that lost Montgomery to a good year.

I would move Brown to number 2. And the gap between 1 and 2-5 is very big IMO. If Geisler doesn't win by a wide margin, the voters should be ashamed.

 

I totally disagree with this. What is Geisler doing that Hatton is not? They are neck and neck in scoring, both are the straw that stirs the drink for there teams. They are both shooting a very high percentage, both have scored several games in the 20's and they are on the number 1 and number 2 teams in the region. At this point i do not believe there is that big of a gap between Hatton, Geisler,Thelen and Brown. All of these kids are very well deserving of POY at this point.

  • Author
I totally disagree with this. What is Geisler doing that Hatton is not? They are neck and neck in scoring, both are the straw that stirs the drink for there teams. They are both shooting a very high percentage, both have scored several games in the 20's and they are on the number 1 and number 2 teams in the region. At this point i do not believe there is that big of a gap between Hatton, Geisler,Thelen and Brown. All of these kids are very well deserving of POY at this point.

 

Hatton is my favorite player to watch in NKY.

 

However, I'd side with Geisler because of the fact that he has to carry that team. Dixie has the best starting 5 in NKY which means Dixie has more weapons to stop. NCC doesn't. Yes, it inflates his stats but it also makes it easier for a team to know which kid to put an emphasis on.

I totally disagree with this. What is Geisler doing that Hatton is not? They are neck and neck in scoring, both are the straw that stirs the drink for there teams. They are both shooting a very high percentage, both have scored several games in the 20's and they are on the number 1 and number 2 teams in the region. At this point i do not believe there is that big of a gap between Hatton, Geisler,Thelen and Brown. All of these kids are very well deserving of POY at this point.

 

So you are saying that Smith doesn't even belong in the conversation at this point? Thats a little 9th Region bias there....averaging 20 ppg, 8 apg and if you are talking about a straw that stirs the drink for their teams??? Has led his team to upset over #1 ranked Dixie and victory over a higher rated Boone County.

 

People are also forgetting about the season that Nate Losey is having for Campbell County. Get the feeling that if Scott and Campbell were in the 9th they would be getting a lot more consideration for POY awards.

At this point...Geisler is clearly #1.

The following is my 2-5

 

2. Smith--Scott

3. Hatton--Dixie

4. Thelen--CovCath

5. Brown--Boone County

I say Hatton! BUT, since he may end up winning it the next three years, maybe I'll go with a Sr, just this time around, but then again there is still a lot of basketball to be played until the voting. If so, I'll go with Brown from what I have seen, the kid is the reason Boone is where they are at! I would have to see NCC play again to form an opinion on Geisler.

1. Jake Geisler-NCC

2. Brandon Hatton-Dixie

3. Jake Thelen-CovCath

4. Brady Hitchew-NCC After seeing him 4 times this month...Im pretty confident he's most underrated.

5. Donnie Cheatum-Lloyd Could not believe how talented he was from the outside.

 

ALL OF THESE GUYS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED

Brown-Boone

Stauffer-Ryle

Smith-Scott

Stansburry-Dixie

Hayes-Holmes

I think the top three should be Geisler, Smith and Brown.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.