Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regional Referees

Featured Replies

^^Thank you sir.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to several games in the 8th region and really feel sorry for whatever region gets this bunch

 

You have obviously not seen 13th region officials!

I believe typically the 9th and 16th have swapped. At least it has been that way the last few years.

 

Personally, the 16th can keep their crews. Watching them call games made me appreciate what we have here in the 9th.

I've been to several games in the 8th region and really feel sorry for whatever region gets this bunch

 

You have obviously not seen 13th region officials!

 

Personally, the 16th can keep their crews. Watching them call games made me appreciate what we have here in the 9th.

 

These prove that no matter where you officiate you're going to have detractors. It's a universal truth.

These prove that no matter where you officiate you're going to have detractors. It's a universal truth.

 

Personally I think the 10th Region has some of the best.

Personally I think the 10th Region has some of the best.

 

:thumb::thumb:

You have obviously not seen 13th region officials!

 

I would take one 13th official calling a regional title game over three 14th officials calling a panorama.

Personally I think the 10th Region has some of the best.

 

I disagree, I have watched 8-10 games with 10th region refs and they were not good at all. Matter a fact, maybe as bad as I have watched ever, overall.

8th region guys are pretty solid, if Im not mistaken they call most of the state tourney finals! I know at least 6-8 guys that call college basektball.

I would prefer to see the 3 refs doing a game from 3 different regions instead of the swap. I do like the concept but I would tweak it.

 

For example a 9th Region game ref crew consisting of a 5th, 7th and 11th ref.

That would never fly for financial reasons. The state is not going to pay mileage for 3 different refs from 3 different regions for 1 game. Plus, it is much better to have refs working together who have worked with each other all year long.

I totally agree, the 16th is just about as bad as you can get.

Personally, the 16th can keep their crews. Watching them call games made me appreciate what we have here in the 9th.

I must say after playing in the 3rd, 8th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 16th regions in the last couple years, it sure does make you appreciate the officials in the 10th region. Not all of them are great, but when you compare 10th region officials to other regions officials, the 10th is by far much better.

8th region guys are pretty solid, if Im not mistaken they call most of the state tourney finals! I know at least 6-8 guys that call college basektball.

In the last 8 years, Coldiron has called 2 finals and he is probably the best to come out of the 8th region in 15 years. Howell also called the finals a couple of years ago, and he did do a good job...that night. Respectfully and IMO, the 8th region is one of the weakest when it comes to officiating....if there's 6 to 8 calling college games, their schedule must full for those games because I haven't seen them at high school games!

In the last 8 years, Coldiron has called 2 finals and he is probably the best to come out of the 8th region in 15 years. Howell also called the finals a couple of years ago, and he did do a good job...that night. Respectfully and IMO, the 8th region is one of the weakest when it comes to officiating....if there's 6 to 8 calling college games, their schedule must full for those games because I haven't seen them at high school games!

 

Don't forget about Sandlin, I believe he has officiated both boys and girls state tournaments.

Don't forget about Sandlin, I believe he has officiated both boys and girls state tournaments.

 

Can't believe I forgot about him....especially after seeing his summer haircut :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.