Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regional Referees

Featured Replies

I heard that each regional tournament will be called by referees from another region statewide. Any thoughts?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer to see the 3 refs doing a game from 3 different regions instead of the swap. I do like the concept but I would tweak it.

 

For example a 9th Region game ref crew consisting of a 5th, 7th and 11th ref.

I heard that each regional tournament will be called by referees from another region statewide. Any thoughts?

 

For most regions, yes. That has been happening for a few years now.

I believe it is now mandated by KHSAA for all regions.

I've been to several games in the 8th region and really feel sorry for whatever region gets this bunch

I believe typically the 9th and 16th have swapped. At least it has been that way the last few years.

I'm not wild about 1 ref each from three different regions. I think working with a crew that you know has its advantages.

No swapping this year.I think the 8th will do the 9th. The 9th will go to the 10th.

Each ref from different regions would be a lot more travel expenses.

15th and 16th swap this year. I believe 16th and 10th swap next year.

15th and 16th swap this year. I believe 16th and 10th swap next year.

 

How sure are you of this? I was told this is the first year of a 3-year test where there is no swapping.

I am sure swapping is going to happen! It is an excepted part of the culture to swap!

Here's the "lineup" for the next 3 years:

 

For 2011,

Region 1 officials will officiate Region 2

Region 2 officials will officiate Region 1

Region 3 officials will officiate Region 4

Region 4 officials will officiate Region 3

Region 5 officials will officiate Region 6

Region 6 officials will officiate Region 5

Region 7 officials will officiate Region 8

Region 8 officials will officiate Region 9

Region 9 officials will officiate Region 10

Region 10 officials will officiate Region 7

Region 11 officials will officiate Region 12

Region 12 officials will officiate Region 11

Region 13 officials will officiate Region 14

Region 14 officials will officiate Region 13

Region 15 officials will officiate Region 16

Region 16 officials will officiate Region 15

 

For 2012,

Region 1 officials will officiate Region 4

Region 2 officials will officiate Region 3

Region 3 officials will officiate Region 2

Region 4 officials will officiate Region 1

Region 5 officials will officiate Region 12

Region 6 officials will officiate Region 5

Region 7 officials will officiate Region 11

Region 8 officials will officiate Region 6

Region 9 officials will officiate Region 8

Region 10 officials will officiate Region 16

Region 11 officials will officiate Region 9

Region 12 officials will officiate Region 7

Region 13 officials will officiate Region 15

Region 14 officials will officiate Region 13

Region 15 officials will officiate Region 14

Region 16 officials will officiate Region 10

 

For 2013,

Region 1 officials will officiate Region 3

Region 2 officials will officiate Region 4

Region 3 officials will officiate Region 1

Region 4 officials will officiate Region 2

Region 5 officials will officiate Region 6

Region 6 officials will officiate Region 11

Region 7 officials will officiate Region 8

Region 8 officials will officiate Region 10

Region 9 officials will officiate Region 16

Region 10 officials will officiate Region 7

Region 11 officials will officiate Region 12

Region 12 officials will officiate Region 5

Region 13 officials will officiate Region 15

Region 14 officials will officiate Region 13

Region 15 officials will officiate Region 14

Region 16 officials will officiate Region 9

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.