Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regional Referees

Featured Replies

8th region guys are pretty solid, if Im not mistaken they call most of the state tourney finals! I know at least 6-8 guys that call college basektball.

 

Probably also because the 8th region is usually eliminated before Saturday.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8th region guys are pretty solid, if Im not mistaken they call most of the state tourney finals! I know at least 6-8 guys that call college basektball.

 

I have been watching high school basketball for 30 years and I would have to say that with the exception of a few, the 8th region refs are absolutely horrible! Can't speak for the other regions, but I think that the KHSAA needs to take a long hard look at the quality of the refs being used to call high school games. Much more training needed.

I have been watching high school basketball for 30 years and I would have to say that with the exception of a few, the 8th region refs are absolutely horrible! Can't speak for the other regions, but I think that the KHSAA needs to take a long hard look at the quality of the refs being used to call high school games. Much more training needed.

I have worked in the 9th and 8th regions over the years. 8th region training program exceeds the 9th by far. Still it is incumbent upon all officials, regardless of the sport, to know the rules of the game foremost w/o a question. There is no defense for missing a rule's application during a game. A close 2nd to rules knowledge is to be able to use good officiating mechanics. This not only helps you and your partner administer the game, but allows for formal communication to everyone involved... including the fans.

 

Another thought here about training for officials. I have noticed a lot of 'new' officials (in terms of experience - not age :D). I think this has a direct correlation to these folks needing to make supplemental income due to the bad economic times we live in today.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a great deal of games out of my general area, but from what I have seen, I'd rank most 8th region officials higher up than 9th and 7th.

I watched 8th region offiicals work boys and girls regionals in 12th last year and they did excellent job wish we could have them back again this year

I disagree, I have watched 8-10 games with 10th region refs and they were not good at all. Matter a fact, maybe as bad as I have watched ever, overall.

I think you will find that your opinion is very definitely in the minority.

 

The majority of the Bluegrass Officials (10th and 11th Region) are some of the most consistent and professional high school officials anywhere.

There are exceptions to every rule, however, but day in and day out, year in and year out, they are among the best out there.

 

And before you ask Clyde - Yes, they have a firm grasp on the block/charge concept. :p

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.