Mayfield vs. Bardstown predictions

The Scribe

Who wins the game?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

Was it, could it have been, uuuuummmmmm, The Ads?? I think it was..Yeah, and the Cards put it to em a couple or 3 times themselves back in the 80's, early 90's, can't recall the exact years...

Has NCC ever beat Mayfield or Danville or Bardstown, for that matter...I'm trying to think of a year and its not coming to me..

Try 2006!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it, could it have been, uuuuummmmmm, The Ads?? I think it was..Yeah, and the Cards put it to em a couple or 3 times themselves back in the 80's, early 90's, can't recall the exact years...

Has NCC ever beat Mayfield or Danville or Bardstown, for that matter...I'm trying to think of a year and its not coming to me..

I cant answer for Btown but I can for the Cards and Ads and it is no

On the rare occasions that NCC has managed to get over the Beechwood hump they have imploded Mayfield tookem out in 85 and then NCC came back for somemore in 86 and Mayfield tooem out again. Them a few years ago The Danville Admirals toppedem back to back

I see more of the same, the Btown - Mayfield winner is likely the state champ

I'd love to meet some of you guys too. I'll be easy to spot as the only guy at the game in a blue Danville hat. :D No clowning to be done, I can assure you. :cool:

I will be there and will be looking for you. I more and likely will see you if you come in the top entrance because we sit in the reserved seats near the press box.

Keep living in the the past.this is a totally new set of kids.I pretty the other ones graduated an moved on,these kids will win it this year.

You tell us to stop living in the past and you are right the past is just that but you can kid yourself all you want into thinking Mayfield has no chance. We have a very good football team that believe it or not has played teams this year evert bit as good. Shock! :scared: how dare this guy think they have seen anything like the mighty Btown Tigers. The eye opener will come when you discover that we are much better than Danville this year and we will be the best team Btown has faced this year. We advance to this round every year and its not uncommon to get the opponet, on the rare occasion its other than Danville, who is having the season of a lifetime and the story is always the same. They all think they are hot snott. A few turn out to be but most of the time at this level the competition is close. Mayfield has a great chance, their record is not the greatest but they are certainly not the same team who started the season, they are much improved. Btown is the real deal no doubt and may smack one on us but you have really gotta like our chances

Local TV station here has been doing wee-to-week documentary on the Tigers this season. Just watched the field view replay of Friday's game. Saw intensity in the eyes of the players that I had not seen in a long, long time. RB's ran as hard as I've seen this season. If we are able to recapture that, I think we will stand in good stead Friday.

However, the film captured a clip of a small contingent of Tiger fans cheering and chanting "over-rated" toward the end of the game. Clearly the Admiral plyaers would have seen that. It was very disheartening. I want to emphasize that it was a small contingent, and that the vast majority of Tiger fans were jubilant but highly respectful of Danville. In fact, most of us were still sweating with 6 minutes left and a 3 touchdown lead that the Ads were going to make a comeback, as they had last year and in '00.

While there is a certain amount of room for bravado on the field during the game, here's hoping that both sets of fans conduct themselves in a manner befitting championship programs.

You tell us to stop living in the past and you are right the past is just that but you can kid yourself all you want into thinking Mayfield has no chance. We have a very good football team that believe it or not has played teams this year evert bit as good. Shock! :scared: how dare this guy think they have seen anything like the mighty Btown Tigers. The eye opener will come when you discover that we are much better than Danville this year and we will be the best team Btown has faced this year. We advance to this round every year and its not uncommon to get the opponet, on the rare occasion its other than Danville, who is having the season of a lifetime and the story is always the same. They all think they are hot snott. A few turn out to be but most of the time at this level the competition is close. Mayfield has a great chance, their record is not the greatest but they are certainly not the same team who started the season, they are much improved. Btown is the real deal no doubt and may smack one on us but you have really gotta like our chances

Toothpick, buddy, sportsman is a Newport Central Catholic fan, not a Bardstown fan. Calm down.

Keep living in the the past.this is a totally new set of kids.I pretty the other ones graduated an moved on,these kids will win it this year.

If Somerset scores some points on you guys, I don't think you will have a chance against either one of these teams.

Local TV station here has been doing wee-to-week documentary on the Tigers this season. Just watched the field view replay of Friday's game. Saw intensity in the eyes of the players that I had not seen in a long, long time. RB's ran as hard as I've seen this season. If we are able to recapture that, I think we will stand in good stead Friday.

What channel & is there any way to view online, get a DVD or otherwise get a copy of the stories?

What channel & is there any way to view online, get a DVD or otherwise get a copy of the stories?

PLG-TV Channel 13 in Bardstown aired the show. It is produced by a local, independent producer. I don't think you can view it online. I know that there are tapes/DVD's for sale. You might call PLG at (502) 349-0278.

Just wanted to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that everyone will be able to come out to this big game Friday night...one more night under the lights at War Memorial...should be an outstanding game. Hearsay have a safe trip down to the game and the same to the rest of the Bardstown fans making the trek down the West Ky Parkway Friday.

Went by practice this morning and the team looks really ready...they are fired up, but not to the point where they were making mistakes...hope that continues Friday. My final prediction is that Mayfield will give up a couple of big plays to the speed of Bardstown but I think that Mayfield's defense will not allow the Tigers to get sustained drives on them and that Mayfield's backs will be able churn out enough yards to keep the sticks moving and put points on the board...I am going to say Mayfield in a thriller...21-14.

GO CARDS!!!

GO CARDS!!!

Just wanted to take this time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that everyone will be able to come out to this big game Friday night...one more night under the lights at War Memorial...should be an outstanding game. Hearsay have a safe trip down to the game and the same to the rest of the Bardstown fans making the trek down the West Ky Parkway Friday.

Went by practice this morning and the team looks really ready...they are fired up, but not to the point where they were making mistakes...hope that continues Friday. My final prediction is that Mayfield will give up a couple of big plays to the speed of Bardstown but I think that Mayfield's defense will not allow the Tigers to get sustained drives on them and that Mayfield's backs will be able churn out enough yards to keep the sticks moving and put points on the board...I am going to say Mayfield in a thriller...21-14.

GO CARDS!!!

GO CARDS!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

So what time of morning do they practice? How many more practices are they gonna have?

Hearsay have a safe trip down to the game and the same to the rest of the Bardstown fans making the trek down the West Ky Parkway Friday.

Went by practice this morning and the team looks really ready...they are fired up, but not to the point where they were making mistakes...hope that continues Friday.

CardsVoice thanks for the sentiment and Happy Thanksgiving to you. Nothing like practicing on Thanksgiving morning. May all the Cardinals feast on turkey and then be tired Friday night! :cool:

As Bardstown LB #44Melvin Scott says "We comin'!"