Who wins the game?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear

How big a boy is he, I was just watchin the Tigers-Ads film and he looks rather large

Not huge. 5'10" 175 in the program, I think he's probably more like 185. He is a great kid, and a terror on the field. In attack mode he is as good a Tiger linebacker as I have seen. He is the General of this team.

Hearsay,

I saw where you posted about the Danville comebacks in 99 and 00...I went to the 00 game at Danville that year...imo, you guys were the superior team and had no business losing that one...wasn"t it like 32-29 or something...I was doing a little scouting and after the 1st qtr, just scouted you guys, then, next thing I know, Danville won and i was thinking, what just happened...When you had the ball and the lead late in that game, what in the world were you guys doing passing the ball deep in your own territory when they got that interception...I couldn't believe it...Even so, you guys definately had the better team, maybe, not quite as deep as the Ads, but, overall, better athletes...I felt Mayfield was pretty strong that year too but the Ads put a pretty good whippin on us...

PS: And it sure was cold that night in Danville..Thought i was going to freeze.

And Lex Cath was playing across town against Boyle...That cannon of theres got annoying...

Hearsay,

I saw where you posted about the Danville comebacks in 99 and 00...I went to the 00 game at Danville that year...imo, you guys were the superior team and had no business losing that one...wasn"t it like 32-29 or something...I was doing a little scouting and after the 1st qtr, just scouted you guys, then, next thing I know, Danville won and i was thinking, what just happened...When you had the ball and the lead late in that game, what in the world were you guys doing passing the ball deep in your own territory when they got that interception...I couldn't believe it...Even so, you guys definately had the better team, maybe, not quite as deep as the Ads, but, overall, better athletes...I felt Mayfield was pretty strong that year too but the Ads put a pretty good whippin on us...

PS: And it sure was cold that night in Danville..Thought i was going to freeze.

And Lex Cath was playing across town against Boyle...That cannon of theres got annoying...

Let me take a moment to wash the salt from the old wounds . . . We were up by big at half and 14 4th quarter . . . total, complete, and utter meltdown . . . coaches arguing, QB changes plays that came into him, mouthy wide receiver that gets horrendous, awful, unbelievable unsportsmanlike penalties . . . that was a phenomenal Bardstown team, the remnants of which went 15-0 and won the AA title the next season, with no team coming within 3 TD's of them . . . I had had surgery on my sinus on Monday of that week and the cold froze the inside of my face . . . combined with the hara kiri we committed that night I was in a miserable frame of mind leaving Danville.

Let me take a moment to wash the salt from the old wounds . . . We were up by big at half and 14 4th quarter . . . total, complete, and utter meltdown . . . coaches arguing, QB changes plays that came into him, mouthy wide receiver that gets horrendous, awful, unbelievable unsportsmanlike penalties . . . that was a phenomenal Bardstown team, the remnants of which went 15-0 and won the AA title the next season, with no team coming within 3 TD's of them . . . I had had surgery on my sinus on Monday of that week and the cold froze the inside of my face . . . combined with the hara kiri we committed that night I was in a miserable frame of mind leaving Danville.

Didn't realize all the bickering and going ons, but, do remember the uncalled for unsportsmanlike penalties.. in key situations, at that...How does this years team compare to that 00 group??

Didn't realize all the bickering and going ons, but, do remember the uncalled for unsportsmanlike penalties.. in key situations, at that...How does this years team compare to that 00 group??

As a "team" this year's Tigers IMO are unmatched in terms of focus, picking one another up, energy and attitude. However, talent-wise the players from the '00 and '01 team were the like you only see maybe every 20-25 years. Their overall defense was not as quite as good, but they would have scored regularly on anybody.

This years group is not the most talented Mayfields ever had, but, they have a very workmanlike attitude and listen to whats being coached...In 2002, the 15-0 championship team, had spells where they would take plays off and had alot of not so positive attitudes on the team, who liked to showboat a little..they were workmanlike and got the job done because they were talented and could afford too..then in 2003, the bad attitudes were still there except the talent wasn't and they were very penalty prone, albeit, they were young...then in 2004, although there record wasn't the greatest, the bad seeds seemed to have been gone, they played hard every play, listened to the coaches and you could more easily root for em because they played like the name on there shirt meant something. Now all those freshman and sophs from 03 and 04 are jrs and srs now..the leadership and "team" effort are prevalent with this bunch..I guess thats my thoughts of this team..This and bringing the pride back to cardinal football..