Boone County's Travis Montgomery Injury

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/sports/mon...ne-win-over-sk

The word I am hearing is torn ACL and Meniscus and surgery is likely.

I believe the MRI is going to be read by additional doctors to see if there is a possibility of avoiding surgery for Mr. Montgomery. I'm hearing that there is a slim, slim, slim chance of rehabing in an effort to avoid surgery at all costs. Hence, the reason for the additional readings of the MRI.

Tough break for a great kid in his senior season with a bright college basketball future ahead of him.

Hopefully, no surgery is needed but it doesn't look good at this point.

Prayers for a speedy recovery TMont!

I always hate to see a senior injury. Nothing worse than that. All you can say is do what the Doctors tell you, work hard and keep chasing the dream. It can still happen but the path will be crooked instead of straight. Do the rehab, work extra hard in the weight room to come back stronger and better than ever. Best wishes to Travis.

Very unfortunate for a gifted athlete and great person. Travis is a model for the ideal student athlete. He excells in the classroom and on the court. He has a great head on his shoulders and hopefully this will not set him too far back from achieving his goals. As others have stated, it is just a bump in the road.

Very unfortunate for a gifted athlete and great person. Travis is a model for the ideal student athlete. He excells in the classroom and on the court. He has a great head on his shoulders and hopefully this will not set him too far back from achieving his goals. As others have stated, it is just a bump in the road.

I couldn't agree more. For sure a college player, he will over come this injury and we'll see him on the court next year.

Very sorry to hear this. Travis is a great kid and player. I believe he will still have the opportunity to play at the next level regardless of whether he makes it back this season. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Boone Co. is going to miss him if he can't return this year.

Hate to hear this as well especially for a senior. This will take a lot away from the Boone Co. team. I don't think they are the same team without him on the floor, it changes their whole complexity especially on defense with his length.