Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BG doubleheader?

Featured Replies

WOW!

 

WAVE-3 in Louisville just said St. X-Warren Central and Bullitt East-Bowling Green is going to be a doubleheader next week.

 

What a great night of football, might be worth the trip.

 

Anybody know if this is true yet and if so times and site?

  • Author

No let me clarify.

 

A doubleheader somewhere in BG - I assume Western Ky. University.

 

Just saw another TV station (WLKY) and they also said both X and Bullitt East will be playing doubleheader at the same site.

 

Like I said before, what a night of football

No let me clarify.

 

A doubleheader somewhere in BG - I assume Western Ky. University.

 

Just saw another TV station (WLKY) and they also said both X and Bullitt East will be playing doubleheader at the same site.

 

Like I said before, what a night of football

 

Dont see how this could be true as teams want their homefiled adavantage wouldnt they :confused:

X will play Central at Joe Hood Field!

 

:fire:

Besides that would stink for X and BE as one would get the late game.

It's the day after Thanksgiving. There is no reason the first game couldn't start as early as 3 p.m.

They'll be at LT Smith (WKU.)

Wow, I think this is a great idea and I commend the folks in Bowling Green/Warren Co for putting it together this way..WKU is a great facility for a game..It makes great sense and as Westsider said, whats wrong with a 3,4 or even 5 o'clock start in one of the 2 games...If Mayfield weren't still in it, I'd be tempted to make the drive myself and i'd bet alot of other folks from around Ky would,as well...

The games will NOT be played at WKU. The schools were willing to stage the event, but the price tag floated by WKU was not acceptable to the hosting parties. The failure of the doubleheader to materialize is not the fault of BG or WC.

The games will NOT be played at WKU. The schools were willing to stage the event, but the price tag floated by WKU was not acceptable to the hosting parties. The failure of the doubleheader to materialize is not the fault of BG or WC.

 

Perhaps WKU is just bitter at how their season went down in a hail of flames and decided to make successful programs pay for it.....

Major mistake for WKU program. What better way showcase their facilities to prospective players. At this time I would think there are still a couple of area prospects, even if only a walk-on or two. The decision on the price may not have been well thought out by the proper authorities (AD and Head Coach) Unless maybe there are no prospects for WKU left in the state. Just seems like an opportunity for all parties involved. I could understand if WC or BG decided against this in favor of true home field settings. Either way I shall be in Bowling Green next week, where ever game(s) will be.

From what I hear WKU isn't out yet....just a long shot.

Any movement on the WKU front?

Any movement on the WKU front?

Nope. The Warren Central / St X game is at WC and the BG / Bullitt East game is at BG. WKU's campus will be quiet next weekend.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.