Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best High School Football

Featured Replies

According to Cal Preps rankings this is where the best high school football is played. What does everyone think?

 

 

15- Dallas-Fort Worth Area:

17 Trinity (Euless, TX), 25 Coppell (TX), 39 Guyer [John H.] (Denton, TX), 46 Aledo (TX), 69 Allen (TX), 78 De Soto (TX), 115 Carroll (Southlake, TX), 117 Cedar Park (TX), 128 Ryan [billy] (Denton, TX), 133 Horn [Dr. John] (Mesquite, TX), 135 Argyle (TX), 168 Marcus (Flower Mound, TX), 200 Poteet [Dr. Ralph H.] (Mesquite, TX), 233 Hebron (Carrollton, TX), 241 Heritage (Colleyville, TX)

 

14- Los Angeles Area (southern/LA sections):

7 Servite (Anaheim, CA), 20 Centennial (Corona, CA), 23 Mission Viejo (CA), 56 Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, CA), 67 Alemany (Mission Hills, CA), 70 Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA), 71 Westlake (Westlake Village, CA), 77 Serra [Junipero] (Gardena, CA), 101 St. Bonaventure (Ventura, CA), 126 Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA), 153Crenshaw (Los Angeles, CA) 155 Vista Murrieta (Murrieta, CA), 208 Chino Hills (CA), 238 Crespi (Encino, CA)

 

11 - Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio/NKy (region 4 OH, Cinci suburbs in NKY):

24 Wayne (Huber Heights, OH), 31 St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH), 32 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH), 85 Centerville (OH), 96 Middletown (OH), 104 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH), 108 Highlands (Fort Thomas, KY), 125 La Salle (Cincinnati, OH), 143 Elder (Cincinnati, OH), 164 Ryle (Union, KY), 192 Trotwood-Madison (Trotwood, OH),

 

9 - South Florida:

4 Aquinas [st. Thomas] (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 15 Central (Miami, FL), 97 Norland (Miami, FL), 127 University (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 163 Northwestern (Miami, FL), 169 Dwyer [William T.] (Palm Beach Gardens, FL), 176 Cypress Bay (Weston, FL), 185 Glades Central (Belle Glade, FL), 188 Columbus [Christopher] (Miami, FL)

 

8 - Florida Tampa/Lakeland/Southwest Coast:

8 Jefferson [Thomas] (Tampa, FL), 40 Armwood (Seffner, FL), 74 Plant [Henry B.] (Tampa, FL), 75 Manatee (Bradenton, FL), 76 Lakeland (FL), 144 South Fort Myers (Fort Myers, FL), 160 Charlotte (Punta Gorda, FL), 226 Southeast (Bradenton, FL)

 

7 - Atlanta:

63 Chattahoochee (Alpharetta, GA), 68 Buford (GA), 80 Brookwood (Snellville, GA), 131 Sandy Creek (Tyrone, GA), 148 North Gwinnett (Suwanee, GA), 159 Starr's Mill (Fayetteville, GA), 212 Tucker (GA)

 

7 - Northeast Ohio:

2 St. Edward (Lakewood, OH), 44 Ursuline (Youngstown, OH), 82 Solon (OH), 84 Glenville (Cleveland, OH), 86 Maple Heights (OH), 177 Lake Catholic (Mentor, OH), 228 Mentor (OH)

 

6-tied - East Texas:

26 Carthage (TX), 87 Daingerfield (TX), 103 Henderson (TX), 111 Longview (TX), 142 Chapel Hill (Tyler, TX), 186 Tyler [John] (Tyler, TX)

 

6-tied - Houston:

14 Pearland (TX), 43 Katy (TX) , 146 North Shore (Houston, TX), 179 Coldspring-Oakhurst (Coldspring, TX), 206 Klein Collins (Spring, TX), 211 Klein Oak (Spring, TX)

 

6-Tied - DC Metro:

57 Battlefield (Haymarket, VA), 72 Our Lady of Good Counsel (Olney, MD), 194 Lake Braddock (Burke, VA), 201 Briar Woods (Ashburn, VA), 207 Stone Bridge (Ashburn, VA), 246 Osbourn (Manassas, VA)

 

5 Teams:

IN-Indianapolis

TN-Nashville

TX-West Texas (Abilene, Midland-Odessa)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty close. Unless you've seen it, I don't think you can grasp just how fast and powerful the game is in Los Angeles and Texas. Unlike anything we have anywhere in this state.

DFW area is the best high school football in the country- yes. I know what the rankings say, but IMO there is not a DFW team you listed that Highlands or Trinity could beat.

Sounds about right to me.

DFW area is the best high school football in the country- yes. I know what the rankings say, but IMO there is not a DFW team you listed that Highlands or Trinity could beat.

 

 

I see that the experts on Trinity and Highlands football are back telling everyone who is better than us. Do you all hate year-round? :lol::lol:

People who are not from Highlands or Trinity never cease to amaze me. They look for any way they can to bring these two storied programs down. I'm a Trinity supporter and I have no doubt that there are any number of teams from any number of states that could and would beat Trinity and Highlands regularly but you know what WHO CARES!!!!! Trinity and Highlands play football IN KENTUCKY. They have proven that they are the best programs IN KENTUCKY and in the long run that's all that really matters isn't it? The people that always bring up the "so and so high school would beat Trinity every time they play" are just trying to achieve vicariously what their own favorite programs can't on their own. Next year when Trinity plays it's regional schedule (because of lack of stones of Kentucky schools) they may well go into the playoffs with a .500 or worse record but at the end of the year if they win number 21 who cares?

  • Author
People who are not from Highlands or Trinity never cease to amaze me. They look for any way they can to bring these two storied programs down. I'm a Trinity supporter and I have no doubt that there are any number of teams from any number of states that could and would beat Trinity and Highlands regularly but you know what WHO CARES!!!!! Trinity and Highlands play football IN KENTUCKY. They have proven that they are the best programs IN KENTUCKY and in the long run that's all that really matters isn't it? The people that always bring up the "so and so high school would beat Trinity every time they play" are just trying to achieve vicariously what their own favorite programs can't on their own. Next year when Trinity plays it's regional schedule (because of lack of stones of Kentucky schools) they may well go into the playoffs with a .500 or worse record but at the end of the year if they win number 21 who cares?

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

People who are not from Highlands or Trinity never cease to amaze me. They look for any way they can to bring these two storied programs down. I'm a Trinity supporter and I have no doubt that there are any number of teams from any number of states that could and would beat Trinity and Highlands regularly but you know what WHO CARES!!!!! Trinity and Highlands play football IN KENTUCKY. They have proven that they are the best programs IN KENTUCKY and in the long run that's all that really matters isn't it? The people that always bring up the "so and so high school would beat Trinity every time they play" are just trying to achieve vicariously what their own favorite programs can't on their own. Next year when Trinity plays it's regional schedule (because of lack of stones of Kentucky schools) they may well go into the playoffs with a .500 or worse record but at the end of the year if they win number 21 who cares?

 

Way to try to make a legitimate point by making one of the biggest blanket statements I've ever seen on here...

 

:rolleyes:

Way to try to make a legitimate point by making one of the biggest blanket statements I've ever seen on here...

 

:rolleyes:

 

And I agree with that blanket statement 100%. :rolleyes:

And I agree with that blanket statement 100%. :rolleyes:

 

So you say that of the 3,316 people on BluegrassPreps, absolutely every single person who is not a member of the Trinity community or Highlands community looks for any way to bring those two schools down?

I support all KY schools, but I don't think what Born said was meant as an insult some of you guys are too sensitive. I didn't read where he said that he thought Trinity, Highlands or any other school were terrible teams.

Way to try to make a legitimate point by making one of the biggest blanket statements I've ever seen on here...

 

:rolleyes:

 

I said what I said and after a whole lot of experience on this board I don't think that I've over reached by much. If there wasn't some intent to run Trinity down why were they even mentioned in this thread?

DFW area is the best high school football in the country- yes. I know what the rankings say, but IMO there is not a DFW team you listed that Highlands or Trinity could beat.
Having witnessed this, I agree. DFW is no worse than top three
I said what I said and after a whole lot of experience on this board I don't think that I've over reached by much. If there wasn't some intent to run Trinity down why were they even mentioned in this thread?

 

Well, at face value, it could easily be said that folks were trying to compare the Dallas-Fort Worth football programs against what are arguably the two of the three best programs in Kentucky...

 

I mean, the first post of the thread DID ask what people's thoughts were on Cal Preps' rankings. I think people were trying to respond to that question by saying that if you look at the DFW programs who were ranked at #15, below the likes of Highlands, ranked at #13, and Trinity (who I think most would agree is likely to win in a game against Highlands) that they thought the DFW teams would win, and thus their opinion was that the poll was in error. That is why I would suppose they were mentioned in this thread.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.