Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best High School Football

Featured Replies

  • Author
This is a seperate topic, but is there a reason Highlands, Trinity and X do not have websites that are comparable?

 

I have no idea. You would think as much success as they all have had they would.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always said it's a shame more schools in this state do not have halfway decent websites, many don't even update theirs regularly, heck some schools don't even have a website. And I'm just talking the schools in general and not even their sports website, you would have to go over to a CCL school to find anything that compares to Shiloh.

 

As a whole I would say these rankings look good, but that's not saying one of the top teams around this region couldn't compete or beat one of the teams from Dallas or LA.

 

I agree- but Highlands and Trinity are not the top teams from the area this year. Wayne, St. X and Colerain all could beat the best from DFW this year. I don't think Highlands, Trinity or X could this year. Again, JMO.

I agree- but Highlands and Trinity are not the top teams from the area this year. Wayne, St. X and Colerain all could beat the best from DFW this year. I don't think Highlands, Trinity or X could this year. Again, JMO.

 

JbWill has a nice website for Highlands , and does a nice job of keeping it updated , thanks again JB.

 

As DFW football goes , nobody has played them and probably never will from Ky or Ohio . When people start comparing teams that will never play each other I think back to the Ohio St. X vs. HHS game , smile and remember all the pregame predictions . How many truely thought HHS would beat X. We all know how that turned out . :D Thats why they play the game , my friends .

Interesting how regional it is. The better teams are heavily in the warmer states. The Cinci and NE Ohio areas are the exception along with Washington DC and Indy to a lesser degree. Nothing from the Northeast, Michigan, Illinois or the Northwest.

I would disagree. Euless Trinity, Allen, Aledo, Guyer, De Soto, Southlake Carroll, Coppell, Cedar Park - you have to see these schools. They are on a different level, IMO. They have way too much size and speed for Trinity or Highlands this year, IMO. No one plays both ways and the depth is amazing- these programs run 500 kids through them and will send numerous kids to division 1 colleges off of their teams this year.

 

For comparision sake, take a look at Shiloh Christian- they are the 3x defending 4A state champs from the state of Arkansas. Here is there website. http://www.shilohchristianfootball.com/

 

Look at Shiloh and decide how you think they stack up to Trinity, X or Highlands.

 

Then, look up the final score of their game against Euless Trinity from this season. I'm not saying that this is the rexact result that Trinity or Highlands would see for certain, but it is eye opening.

 

It's really nice that you a plenty of information from high schools in Texas , thank you for sharing .

 

Here is the enrollment numbers from some of the schools you have mentioned. It was not stated if these schools were co-ed or not .

 

Euless -2279

Trinity-2160 grade 10-11-12 5A Div 1 ( 3 feeder schools )

Allen- 3384

Aledo- 1700

Coppel- 2995

 

Give me 3000 students to pick from and I might be able to field a winner.

Give me 3000 students to pick from and I might be able to field a winner.

 

Numbers make a big difference although I think huge schools may discourage late bloomers and the like from playing at all. Some schools, Alcoa, TN is one I'm familiar with, attract families with kids who want to play there. Less than 600 students and over 80 players on their roster. Assuming an even gender split, that's over 25% of the male students playing football.

 

I talked with a kid from Bell County who played against them last year. He said their talent was deep and Alcoa just kept throwing in fresh players. Alcoa played more people than Bell County had on their team. Numbers and tradition.

It's really nice that you a plenty of information from high schools in Texas , thank you for sharing .

 

Here is the enrollment numbers from some of the schools you have mentioned. It was not stated if these schools were co-ed or not .

 

Euless -2279

Trinity-2160 grade 10-11-12 5A Div 1 ( 3 feeder schools )

Allen- 3384

Aledo- 1700

Coppel- 2995

 

Give me 3000 students to pick from and I might be able to field a winner.

 

I want to reiterate my respect for Highlands and the Bluebird coaches, program and tradition. Now, I will try to address some of the things you said.

 

1. Beating St X was a great achievement. I don't want to take away from that. Euless Trinity beat Bingham HS from Utah in 2009, along with Plano twice, Austin Westlake, Arlington HS, Arlington Martin- it is a very impressive schedule. They won 5A in Texas in 2009. They lost 2 games, to Allen and to Cedar Hill. You are more than welcome to look up the teams and see how impressive the teams from Texas and Bingham are.

 

2. There are 245 teams playing 5A football in Texas. The enrollment cutoff for 5A is 2065, I believe. If you feel that numbers are the only reason the teams I mentioned are successful, or even a significant one, you are mistaken. All 245 5A schools are public high schools that are coed.

 

3. This being said, I do not see the relevance of the enrollments. The numbers are why Texas football is what it is. You can't have it both ways. Either Highlands can beat the best from DFW or they can not. They were ranked 3 in the nation, right? They were not ranked the third best team with a certain enrollment. They are ranked ahead of Southlake Carroll this year; Highlands should be able to beat them, period. I am telling, I do not see that happening this year.

 

I am offering my perspective having experience in both states. I have a great appreciation for Kentucky football. I just do not believe that best in Kentuky are close to the level of the best in Texas.

How does Cal Prep develop their rankings?

I want to reiterate my respect for Highlands and the Bluebird coaches, program and tradition. Now, I will try to address some of the things you said.

 

1. Beating St X was a great achievement. I don't want to take away from that. Euless Trinity beat Bingham HS from Utah in 2009, along with Plano twice, Austin Westlake, Arlington HS, Arlington Martin- it is a very impressive schedule. They won 5A in Texas in 2009. They lost 2 games, to Allen and to Cedar Hill. You are more than welcome to look up the teams and see how impressive the teams from Texas and Bingham are.

 

2. There are 245 teams playing 5A football in Texas. The enrollment cutoff for 5A is 2065, I believe. If you feel that numbers are the only reason the teams I mentioned are successful, or even a significant one, you are mistaken. All 245 5A schools are public high schools that are coed.

 

3. This being said, I do not see the relevance of the enrollments. The numbers are why Texas football is what it is. You can't have it both ways. Either Highlands can beat the best from DFW or they can not. They were ranked 3 in the nation, right? They were not ranked the third best team with a certain enrollment. They are ranked ahead of Southlake Carroll this year; Highlands should be able to beat them, period. I am telling, I do not see that happening this year.

 

I am offering my perspective having experience in both states. I have a great appreciation for Kentucky football. I just do not believe that best in Kentuky are close to the level of the best in Texas.

 

I respectfully disagree , the revelance of enrollments , is what determines what class they are playing in. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

 

Comparing Highlands and Trinity to the schools in Texas , or anywhere else , is just wasting time. We will never know who would beat whom, until they play each other. All speculation , my friend. :D

I respectfully disagree , the revelance of enrollments , is what determines what class they are playing in. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

 

Comparing Highlands and Trinity to the schools in Texas , or anywhere else , is just wasting time. We will never know who would beat whom, until they play each other. All speculation , my friend. :D

 

You are right; enrollment determines class, not ranking. The higher ranked team should win, regardless of enrollment. So, again, I do not see the relevance of enrollment. Either Highlands can beat a team or they can not. Enrollment does not stop Highlands from winning 5A in Kentucky. I just do not see where it fits in with this particular debate.

 

With the Herbie, you never know- maybe Highlands gets a team in Texas one year. I truly enjoy the debate and I would love to see the Bluebirds playing at the new Texas Stadium against a team like Carthage or Celina or Lake Travis. I would love to see Trinity versus Permian or Midland Lee or Birdville or Round Rock.

I respectfully disagree , the revelance of enrollments , is what determines what class they are playing in. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

 

Comparing Highlands and Trinity to the schools in Texas , or anywhere else , is just wasting time. We will never know who would beat whom, until they play each other. All speculation , my friend. :D

 

Yes - very tough to compare and contrast programs as different rules in different States - Highlands for example - has kids residing outside of the Ft Thomas zip code that can attend and play for the program where as in other States - that cannot be done. Where would a program like Highlands be today if that could not be done, but that is a topic for another thread. - But interesting to discuss and compare and would be neat to see a program like a Highlands play a team from different parts of the country

  • Author
Yes - very tough to compare and contrast programs as different rules in different States - Highlands for example - has kids residing outside of the Ft Thomas zip code that can attend and play for the program where as in other States - that cannot be done. Where would a program like Highlands be today if that could not be done, but that is a topic for another thread. - But interesting to discuss and compare and would be neat to see a program like a Highlands play a team from different parts of the country

 

Bla bla bla you can take your ball and go home..

Yes - very tough to compare and contrast programs as different rules in different States - Highlands for example - has kids residing outside of the Ft Thomas zip code that can attend and play for the program where as in other States - that cannot be done. Where would a program like Highlands be today if that could not be done, but that is a topic for another thread. - But interesting to discuss and compare and would be neat to see a program like a Highlands play a team from different parts of the country

 

I find your post amusing. Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about Ft. Thomas and Highlands .

My question to you is , without looking , what is the zipcode in Ft. Thomas ? ( That's what I thought , you don't know ! ) :lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.