Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best High School Football

Featured Replies

How Big is the Dallas /Ft. Worth area and LA area compared to the NKY/Cincinnati area... I would say Miami Fla. is the best for its size. A lot of good teams and athletes in a small area. LA population of nearly 2.8 million, Dallas/Ft. Worth 1.2 million + 530,00= 1.73 million , Cincinnati 330,000 so TRIPLE that and its 990,000. Miami, Fla 365,000 and double that so its about 730,000.

 

It has been determined that enrollment numbers do matter, and if you were to look at these #'s then it would be tough to argue against the Cincinnati or Miami area. The other citys are just so big, it is no wonder that they are ranked high. I think it says more about Cincinnati than it does about Dallas and LA.

 

http://www.demographia.com/db-uscity98.htm

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your post amusing. Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about Ft. Thomas and Highlands .

My question to you is , without looking , what is the zipcode in Ft. Thomas ? ( That's what I thought , you don't know ! ) :lol:

 

Correct. and also could be a valid question to some of the Highlands players also :)

Yes - very tough to compare and contrast programs as different rules in different States - Highlands for example - has kids residing outside of the Ft Thomas zip code that can attend and play for the program where as in other States - that cannot be done. Where would a program like Highlands be today if that could not be done, but that is a topic for another thread. - But interesting to discuss and compare and would be neat to see a program like a Highlands play a team from different parts of the country

 

The better question is where would other schools be if they had a good enough program on their own that kids didn't have to go to a school out of their district? There has to be a reason they don't stay in their own district.....

 

Develop a program where kids can thrive, then they shouldn't go to school out of the district. Take responsibility.

Yes - very tough to compare and contrast programs as different rules in different States - Highlands for example - has kids residing outside of the Ft Thomas zip code that can attend and play for the program where as in other States - that cannot be done. Where would a program like Highlands be today if that could not be done, but that is a topic for another thread. - But interesting to discuss and compare and would be neat to see a program like a Highlands play a team from different parts of the country

 

They'd be right about where they are now.

 

As to policies, some states do allow it and some do not. However, what about any privates on the list?

How Big is the Dallas /Ft. Worth area and LA area compared to the NKY/Cincinnati area... I would say Miami Fla. is the best for its size. A lot of good teams and athletes in a small area. LA population of nearly 2.8 million, Dallas/Ft. Worth 1.2 million + 530,00= 1.73 million , Cincinnati 330,000 so TRIPLE that and its 990,000. Miami, Fla 365,000 and double that so its about 730,000.

 

It has been determined that enrollment numbers do matter, and if you were to look at these #'s then it would be tough to argue against the Cincinnati or Miami area. The other citys are just so big, it is no wonder that they are ranked high. I think it says more about Cincinnati than it does about Dallas and LA.

 

http://www.demographia.com/db-uscity98.htm

 

I am using the metro area numbers courtesy of Wickepedia. Here they are.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

 

Now, I am confused as to why we are using them; it sounds like we agree that DFW has the best football and you believe the reason for this is population. Is that correct?

 

I think it is more than just population, but yes, that is a huge factor as to why DFW football is what it is.

 

Now, as to whether Highlands can beat the best in DFW, population and enrollment has no place in the argument. My point is that if Cal Preps ranks Highlands 108 and Southlake Carroll 115, then Highlands should be able to beat the Dragons. I do not think that would happen this year. That is the debate I was having with hoosierbirdfan and raiderbird.

They'd be right about where they are now.

 

As to policies, some states do allow it and some do not. However, what about any privates on the list?

 

None of the Texas schools listed are private. They are all public and coed.

None of the Texas schools listed are private. They are all public and coed.

 

True, but many teams on the list are private. Your statement was extremely broad.

True, but many teams on the list are private. Your statement was extremely broad.

 

I am not PSJ...he made the statement to which you are referring. I was simply letting you know that the Texas schools list by Cal Preps are public and coed.

Correct. and also could be a valid question to some of the Highlands players also :)

 

The Highlands players know the zipcode in k-8 , thats when they move to Ft. Thomas .

 

If your going to bash somebody's football program , would you please do some research or have some idea of what your talking about ! :rolleyes:

Now that Cincinnati no longer allows KY residents to play sports do you think it has hurt some programs like Moeller and X?

I remember some kids going to Moeller in the Jerry Faust years when they were competing for state championships.

The Highlands players know the zipcode in k-8 , thats when they move to Ft. Thomas .

 

If your going to bash somebody's football program , would you please do some research or have some idea of what your talking about ! :rolleyes:

 

No need to jump in defensive mode. there was no bashing in below comments - none whatsoever- it's a great program - just a few facts is all. Did I say it was wrong?

I know one thing they sure have nice websites down south..lol

 

That school had an awesome web site. I forgot what I clicked on it to look for...I was getting into the Shiloh vision and tradition.

I am using the metro area numbers courtesy of Wickepedia. Here they are.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

 

Now, I am confused as to why we are using them; it sounds like we agree that DFW has the best football and you believe the reason for this is population. Is that correct?

 

I think it is more than just population, but yes, that is a huge factor as to why DFW football is what it is.

 

Now, as to whether Highlands can beat the best in DFW, population and enrollment has no place in the argument. My point is that if Cal Preps ranks Highlands 108 and Southlake Carroll 115, then Highlands should be able to beat the Dragons. I do not think that would happen this year. That is the debate I was having with hoosierbirdfan and raiderbird.

 

Rankings dont mean team A can beat team B. And of course the rankings are never going to be perfect. My arguement is that teams can match up great against another team. Off the top of my head, Wisconsin beat Ohio State but did worse against other schools. Ohio State will be ranked higher in the final polls, but Wisconsin beat them. You can't always go to head-to-head match-ups but I see your point.

 

Of course population is not everything, but enrollment is how teams are classified so it does have a MAJOR effect.

That school had an awesome web site. I forgot what I clicked on it to look for...I was getting into the Shiloh vision and tradition.

 

It really is a solid program- their QB played in the Under Armor All American game last night and he will be attending Auburn. They have a d- linemen going to K-State and a couple of other D1 signees.

 

Gus Malzahn started there, I believe.

Rankings dont mean team A can beat team B. And of course the rankings are never going to be perfect. My arguement is that teams can match up great against another team. Off the top of my head, Wisconsin beat Ohio State but did worse against other schools. Ohio State will be ranked higher in the final polls, but Wisconsin beat them. You can't always go to head-to-head match-ups but I see your point.

 

Of course population is not everything, but enrollment is how teams are classified so it does have a MAJOR effect.

 

Fair enough, I see your argument as well and we can cordially agree to disagree about how Highlands would do against DFW teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.