Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best High School Football

Featured Replies

Having witnessed this, I agree. DFW is no worse than top three

 

Am I reading it wrong or is DFW area not the top one listed?

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at face value, it could easily be said that folks were trying to compare the Dallas-Fort Worth football programs against what are arguably the two of the three best programs in Kentucky...

 

I mean, the first post of the thread DID ask what people's thoughts were on Cal Preps' rankings. I think people were trying to respond to that question by saying that if you look at the DFW programs who were ranked at #15, below the likes of Highlands, ranked at #13, and Trinity (who I think most would agree is likely to win in a game against Highlands) that they thought the DFW teams would win, and thus their opinion was that the poll was in error. That is why I would suppose they were mentioned in this thread.

 

I think the DFW area was the TOP area with 15 teams rated, not number 15. Could someone clear this up?

I think the DFW area was the TOP area with 15 teams rated, not number 15. Could someone clear this up?

 

Ah, I think you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Am I reading it wrong or is DFW area not the top one listed?

 

No, I am the one reading it wrong. And apparently both arguing and agreeing with myself.

 

Please continue....

I said what I said and after a whole lot of experience on this board I don't think that I've over reached by much. If there wasn't some intent to run Trinity down why were they even mentioned in this thread?

 

Well, at face value, it could easily be said that folks were trying to compare the Dallas-Fort Worth football programs against what are arguably the two of the three best programs in Kentucky...

 

I mean, the first post of the thread DID ask what people's thoughts were on Cal Preps' rankings. I think people were trying to respond to that question by saying that if you look at the DFW programs who were ranked at #15, below the likes of Highlands, ranked at #13, and Trinity (who I think most would agree is likely to win in a game against Highlands) that they thought the DFW teams would win, and thus their opinion was that the poll was in error. That is why I would suppose they were mentioned in this thread.

 

I think the DFW area was the TOP area with 15 teams rated, not number 15. Could someone clear this up?

 

This being the case, I'd say the statements about DFW programs beating Highlands and Trinity would do nothing but say that they think Kentucky's top programs couldn't stand against the programs from DFW. Raiderbird asked for opinions, and he got 'em.

I think what Born and Uk fball fan are really trying to say is the best is Highlands and Trinity in the State of KY and they know this for a fact and they have actually come to their senses realizing this. So no point arguing that point anymore. And in their opinion, KY's best cant beat DFW teams. So be it, like someone else said "who cares". Its all about representing the state of KY the best they can and keep racking up the Titles.

Heck, I am a Highlands fan and found the comment to be actually flattering, I didnt hear any other names on their very short list of KY powers. LOL.

Trinity, Highlands and X are the best programs in the state of Kentucky and I have the utmost respect for their tradition and excellence.

 

That being said, I see DFW football up close and personal. It is the best in the country. I was simply stating my opinion in support of that point.

 

Here is the website for Marcus:

 

http://www.marcusfootball.com/

 

Do folks think the best in Kentucky beat these guys? Just keep in mind, these guys finished third in their district. It is a different level of high school football here.

I also want folks on here to know that I have coached in Kentucky and currently coach in the DFW area. I do not have any axe to grind with any team in Kentucky. I wanted to provide perspective with my comparison, that is all.

  • Author

I would put the GCL up most years against any league in the country.. Cincy St. Xavier, Elder, Moeller and LaSalle..I am not saying Highlands or Trinity would beat any of those teams from DFW, but I guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out..

  • Author
I also want folks on here to know that I have coached in Kentucky and currently coach in the DFW area. I do not have any axe to grind with any team in Kentucky. I wanted to provide perspective with my comparison, that is all.

 

Where did you coach at in Kentucky?

I would put the GCL up most years against any league in the country.. Cincy St. Xavier, Elder, Moeller and LaSalle..I am not saying Highlands or Trinity would beat any of those teams from DFW, but I guarantee you they wouldn't get blown out..

 

I would disagree. Euless Trinity, Allen, Aledo, Guyer, De Soto, Southlake Carroll, Coppell, Cedar Park - you have to see these schools. They are on a different level, IMO. They have way too much size and speed for Trinity or Highlands this year, IMO. No one plays both ways and the depth is amazing- these programs run 500 kids through them and will send numerous kids to division 1 colleges off of their teams this year.

 

For comparision sake, take a look at Shiloh Christian- they are the 3x defending 4A state champs from the state of Arkansas. Here is there website. http://www.shilohchristianfootball.com/

 

Look at Shiloh and decide how you think they stack up to Trinity, X or Highlands.

 

Then, look up the final score of their game against Euless Trinity from this season. I'm not saying that this is the rexact result that Trinity or Highlands would see for certain, but it is eye opening.

I think what Born and Uk fball fan are really trying to say is the best is Highlands and Trinity in the State of KY and they know this for a fact and they have actually come to their senses realizing this. So no point arguing that point anymore. And in their opinion, KY's best cant beat DFW teams. So be it, like someone else said "who cares". Its all about representing the state of KY the best they can and keep racking up the Titles.

Heck, I am a Highlands fan and found the comment to be actually flattering, I didnt hear any other names on their very short list of KY powers. LOL.

 

As shocking as it may be to some I'm in complete agreement.:scared:

  • Author
I would disagree. Euless Trinity, Allen, Aledo, Guyer, De Soto, Southlake Carroll, Coppell, Cedar Park - you have to see these schools. They are on a different level, IMO. They have way too much size and speed for Trinity or Highlands this year, IMO. No one plays both ways and the depth is amazing- these programs run 500 kids through them and will send numerous kids to division 1 colleges off of their teams this year.

 

For comparision sake, take a look at Shiloh Christian- they are the 3x defending 4A state champs from the state of Arkansas. Here is there website. http://www.shilohchristianfootball.com/

 

Look at Shiloh and decide how you think they stack up to Trinity, X or Highlands.

 

Then, look up the final score of their game against Euless Trinity from this season. I'm not saying that this is the rexact result that Trinity or Highlands would see for certain, but it is eye opening.

 

I know one thing they sure have nice websites down south..lol

I know one thing they sure have nice websites down south..lol

 

This is a seperate topic, but is there a reason Highlands, Trinity and X do not have websites that are comparable?

This is a seperate topic, but is there a reason Highlands, Trinity and X do not have websites that are comparable?
I have always said it's a shame more schools in this state do not have halfway decent websites, many don't even update theirs regularly, heck some schools don't even have a website. And I'm just talking the schools in general and not even their sports website, you would have to go over to a CCL school to find anything that compares to Shiloh.

 

As a whole I would say these rankings look good, but that's not saying one of the top teams around this region couldn't compete or beat one of the teams from Dallas or LA.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.