Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Vitale. Love Him or Hate Him?

How do you feel about Dick Vitale? 54 members have voted

  1. 1. How do you feel about Dick Vitale?

    • LOVE games with Dick Vitale!
      50%
      27
    • Don't care one way or the other...
      25%
      14
    • Can't stand games with Dick Vitale!
      24%
      13

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate the word hate, but love the word RETIRE!

 

He said his goal is to announce games till he is 90. Not sure he knows that word.

Not my favorite analyst, but a great ambassador to college athletics.

 

Wholeheartedly agree. He can be incredibly frustrating to listen to (sometimes one of the worst), but he loves the game & has done a lot for it.

He's a hero for his work for Jimmy V and Cancer efforts and little Kids that he has helped to raise money for their cause! Also, as to other sports broadcasters that bash UK like Digger and many more Vitale forgot UK because of the latter years of Tubby and Billy G slumps we were in and as to him jumping on band wagons he's always been on Duke's side and in his defense he loves the kids!

Go Big Blue!

I could go either way on Vitale.

 

I love his passion for college basketball but I could do without the screaming.

I love the thought of Vitale and what he stands for, but I far less enjoy the reality of having to listen to him call a game. I think when it's all said and done, Vitale's legacy will be a great one and even those that can't stand him, will someday appreciate him and hold him in high regards...

^Hero? Sad times we live in when we're calling college basketball analysts heros IMO....

 

I think the recipients of the cancer research dollars he has helped raise would call him a hero, that’s good enough for me...

I think the recipients of the cancer research dollars he has helped raise would call him a hero, that’s good enough for me...

 

:thumb::thumb:

I think the recipients of the cancer research dollars he has helped raise would call him a hero, that’s good enough for me...

 

So anyone who helps raise research money for a disease is considered a hero these days? I wasn't aware of that.

So anyone who helps raise research money for a disease is considered a hero these days? I wasn't aware of that.

 

I shouldn't even respond to this, But for his work to help the V foundation and other organizations he is an outstanding person. Honestly I can't believe you even made that statement but to each his own If you don't call them heroes I would call them very special people !!

So anyone who helps raise research money for a disease is considered a hero these days? I wasn't aware of that.

 

You do realize the work Vitale has done for the Jimmy V foundation don't you? He has spearheaded that foundation while it has helped raise over 100 million dollars, to those people (cancer patients and researchers) he is a hero, which should be enough for anyone, IMO...

 

To answer your question, yes I think anyone who spends time and effort to raise money for a deadly disease is a hero...

Hate listening to him call a game...my worst part of Mike and Mike are his 8 - 10 minutes a week...but his work with Cancer Research and all that he does for that he is absolutely a HERO in the truest form.

So anyone who helps raise research money for a disease is considered a hero these days? I wasn't aware of that.

 

I really hope your kidding.

 

I get tired of Vitale's yelling but I believe he is sincere in his love for college basketball. My family ran into Vitale at the Broken Egg in Bradeton Fl and he was very gracious. He took time to take a picture with my daughter even though she had no idea who he was.

I could go either way on Vitale.

 

I love his passion for college basketball but I could do without the screaming.

 

I'm in this camp.

Love Dukie V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love everything about him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.