Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check out the Auburn Crowd 10 mins before tip off

Featured Replies

Wow! That would be a good crowd at the Sun Dome. :thumb:

 

You could say that about EVERY conferenece. As a whole, the SEC is 2nd only to the ACC in Championships over the last 20 seasons.

 

Even during Florida's back to back run, they didn't sell out every game at the O'Connell Center. Arkansas, Kentucky, maybe Vanderbilt, and Tennessee are the only guaranteed sellouts in the SEC.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness, Auburn beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 76-72 on Saturday before an announced crowd of 4,561. I'm thinking there may have been an important football game going on around the same time.

In all fairness, Auburn beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 76-72 on Saturday before an announced crowd of 4,561. I'm thinking there may have been an important football game going on around the same time.

In looking at the schedule the football game was going on at the exact same time. This basketball game started at 3:00 EST. If that 4,561 number is correct, there is something not making sense with that picture.

I'm guessing Auburn hires the same fan counting firm as the Florida Marlins

Wow! That would be a good crowd at the Sun Dome. :thumb:

 

 

 

Even during Florida's back to back run, they didn't sell out every game at the O'Connell Center. Arkansas, Kentucky, maybe Vanderbilt, and Tennessee are the only guaranteed sellouts in the SEC.

 

UT only sells out 2-3 games per year before they reduced the number of seats. Now, it is about 8-10. When I lived in Knoxville back in 1999 or 2000 they were ranked in the top 5 and Auburn was #1 I think and it was far from a sellout. I was amazed. I got free tickets or I wouldn't have been there myself.

Caller: "What time does the game start?"

 

Ticket Seller: "What time can you be here?"

Now that's funny, right there! :lol:
I'm guessing Auburn hires the same fan counting firm as the Florida Marlins

 

Who's to say they don't have 4,000 season ticket holders?

 

Those count toward those figures, whether they are used or not.

I am huge AU fan and the only game(s) AU sells out (or for that matter even comes close to) is the Alabama game and UK.....and UK only happens once every 2 years. I loved going to games when I lived in Alabama. It is hard to go when you have a certain football team playing a somewhat important game at the same time. AU of course is a football school. And yes that is Auburn Arena, just opened this year and is a pretty nice arena for Auburn. Holds around 12k....I would be shocked if they ever sale out....even when UK comes to town! War Eagle!

I'm curious to know how much tickets cost...

 

$10 Upper Level Non-SEC

$15 Upper Level SEC

$20 Upper Level Alabama

$15 Lower Level Non-SEC

$20 Lower Level SEC

$25 Lower Level Alabama

You could say that about EVERY conferenece. As a whole, the SEC is 2nd only to the ACC in Championships over the last 20 seasons.

 

Not really. Most of the SEC schools show nothing but pure apathy for basketball. And that's putting it nicely.

Ouch

 

With this few in attendance, the mascot will have a much better chance if a snowball fight breaks out.

  • Author
With this few in attendance, the mascot will have a much better chance if a snowball fight breaks out.

 

I'm not sure when the snowball fight broke out at Nippert, but from what I saw there weren't too many more people in the stands for the football game...

 

Attendance for UC / Pitt shows over 27,000. Wonder how many actual people showed up. With the way that game went & the weather, I can't blame them for leaving early.

Not really. Most of the SEC schools show nothing but pure apathy for basketball. And that's putting it nicely.

 

In what terms? Recruiting? Winning? Ticket sales? What is the basis for the apathy? I would assume the conference with the 2nd most titles in 20 years (1 less than the ACC) isn't THAT much more apathetic.

In what terms? Recruiting? Winning? Ticket sales? What is the basis for the apathy? I would assume the conference with the 2nd most titles in 20 years (1 less than the ACC) isn't THAT much more apathetic.

 

What is basis for their apathy? Football. Football is king in the SEC. Even at 2 of the schools not named Kentucky who have won the National Championships from the conference.

 

The Gators, the most recent SEC National Champ, had 90K at the Swamp for Appalachian State a couple of weeks ago and drew over 720,000 for the year, in a down season for the football program. Florida's O'Connell Center seats 12,000. With the exception of the 06-07 and 07-08 seasons, they average less than 10K a game. The best season ever for Florida home attendance was just over 260K. Before the 04-05 season, they hardly ever sold out SEC games, other than Kentucky and Georgia.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.