Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another question for Trinity fans about Travis Elliott?

Featured Replies

Will Travis Elliott be a D1 RB?

 

If not, where does he fall based on your experience watching several talented RBs over the years?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully, I don't believe he quite has the speed, although I must say he has good instincts, runs to daylight and runs hard.

The only memory of said running back I came away with is the constant pushing, shoving and trash talk after the whistle.

I hope the kid makes it, but on what we saw last night, I would say not likely.

Dalen Hall and McMurtry from X were both better RB's then Elliott IMVHO. Elliott played behind a better line and had the benefit of at least some semblence of an ability to pass the ball. X's QB couldn't pass the ball if his life depended on it. And whoever made the comment last week comparing him to the kid from Cincy X was on dope or something.

Respectfully, I don't believe he quite has the speed, although I must say he has good instincts, runs to daylight and runs hard.

 

Don't quote me on this but I am pretty sure Elliott has clocked legit 4.5's in more than one camp he attended. I do think he will get a D1 scholarship. As good as his skills test out at camps, his work ethic is perhaps the most impressive thing about him. Coaches love that in a player.

The only memory of said running back I came away with is the constant pushing, shoving and trash talk after the whistle.

 

Interesting, there are many on here who would disagree with you on this comment (it would be those who are in the stands) but there are many many many players who say you are 100% correct!

 

With that said, I have to say I do hear Travis Elliott is one of the hardest working kids out there. Good luck to him in the future.

Interesting, there are many on here who would disagree with you on this comment (it would be those who are in the stands) but there are many many many players who say you are 100% correct!

 

With that said, I have to say I do hear Travis Elliott is one of the hardest working kids out there. Good luck to him in the future.

 

You are exactly right. That is where my opinion came from. However, it was also very apparent from the stands as well.

I'm 99% sure he has a scholarship offer from WKU.

I'm 99% sure he has a scholarship offer from WKU.

 

Yeah, with over 100 Div 1 schools, a good back should be able to land somewhere. There have been many good backs that I thought would be either too small or slow end up at directional Div. 1 schools. They may end up as dbs but they are on the team.

Also, he is a junior, correct? If he has another growth spurt in him, he may be able to put on another 25 pounds or so by the time he is ready to contribute to a college team, and thus become a "power" back.

Also, he is a junior, correct? If he has another growth spurt in him, he may be able to put on another 25 pounds or so by the time he is ready to contribute to a college team, and thus become a "power" back.

 

Yes he is a junior.

He will be a fb or lb in college. I have seen Travis numerous times and he isn't elusive enough to be a tb in college..JMO

He will be a fb or lb in college. I have seen Travis numerous times and he isn't elusive enough to be a tb in college..JMO

 

I agree. Unless he finds a program that utilizes a fullback he's probably not playing much offense.

I think he could be a very solid FB. He's thick but still appears to have room to grow, and I know that his father and uncle are pretty good sized men.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.