Will travel be the difference for Mayfield?

theguru

Mayfield may have lost a key player in the quarterfinals ... William Higginson, who starts at receiver and cornerback, hurt his knee in pregame warmups and didn't play against Holy Cross. There isn't any definite word on his status, but I was told it doesn't look real good.

I didn't see the game last year, but I remember I was shocked at the 38-0 margin. I was told that Mayfield dominated at the line of scrimmage and that things just snowballed on Beechwood.

I think it's a tough game for the Cardinals.

Travel will not be a problem. The team is going up on Thursday and will more than rested for the game. The travel to Holy Cross wasn't a problem either and was not the reason that HC scored two quick TDs. Their scores came from good blocking and Mayfield missing tackles. Travel is so over rated.

The best team will win and I hope both teams come out of the game with no injuries.

Yes, travel will likely make a difference, maybe a point or 2. Playing at there place will likely make a point or 2 difference also. Will Beechwood be the favorite because of it, no. Mayfield will be the clear favorite as they should be and I expect a 2-3 TD win from the Cards instead of 4... Mfd 42 Bwood 21

In my opinion, the travel will make no difference in this matchup. Blocking and tackling will make the difference.

I think yor right Ss. We are talking teens here. Kids can stay up half the night and get up at the crack of dawn and play once they have their pancakes and milk!! Give them five or ten minutes and they will be ready to do what ever! Now us older one's thats a lil different story!! I do think it is an excuse when teams lose though!!! But when they win nothing is said about the travel! These are two quality and experienced coaches. They know their teams and know how to prepare for games like this.

For a team like Mayfield that's full of senior leadership, no. They realize that this loss would be the end of their season and won't let travel impact their performance and become the deciding factor. While Beechwood is looking to shake off a little embarrassment from this game last year, Mayfield still has another week before they can do the same.