Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Mayfield/Holy Cross (Louisville) predictions

Which team will win? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team will win?

    • Mayfield
      69%
    • Louisville Holly Cross
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I see Holy Cross in a close one . HC's size against Mayfield's speed . It will be interesting to see if HC can keep up with Mayfield . They couldn't keep up with Tilghman but Mayfield doesn't have Tilghman speed . HC 21 - Mayfield 13 ............

Both Holy Cross and Mayfield have good teams. I've said for the past six or seven weeks watch out for Holy Cross. Very good team. But now we are getting down to where only the very best will be left. And IMO Mayfield will bus up to Louisville for about four hours thinking nothing but beating Holy Cross. I just read a post saying Mayfield didn't have the speed to beat Holy Cross. I beg to differ! Mayfield has lots of speed and great skilled players. Mayfield IMO will run around and throw over the top of all those big linemen of Holy Cross. Holy Cross's run ends friday! It's been a great season for Holy Cross. But you drew the short straw this week. You have to play one of the top three teams in the state. LHC is a top five. Mayfield is #1 IMO. But will have to prove to everyone they are the best.

I see Holy Cross in a close one . HC's size against Mayfield's speed . It will be interesting to see if HC can keep up with Mayfield . They couldn't keep up with Tilghman but Mayfield doesn't have Tilghman speed . HC 21 - Mayfield 13 ............

 

... and you're sure about this.

 

 

Everyone in Western KY knows just how good Mayfield is, and now other parts of the state will get a good look too.

Cards longest road venture this year has only been a 45 minute ride to Ballard County, so the long bus trip may make them a

little sluggish in the 1st quarter or so, but a 14-7 halftime lead turns into a big win going away.

 

Mayfield 38, Holy Cross 14

Oh yeah , I am positive they don't have Tilghman speed . Does that mean that they are not faster than HC ? No way . It is only a speed reference . Even though Mayfield beat Tilghman , does not mean they were faster than them . All I was referring to was the speed issue . Because Mayfield even proved that the faster team does not always win . Everyone in Louisville knows how good mayfield is too ! We also know that we are the underdog . But , something tells me that Holy Cross will show up on friday and be ready to play . Hope to see you there . Or will you be critiqueing everything from your computer at home ? Hook up with us and drink a beer before the game . I

Voted with the heart for HC (old BD fan), but the head says Mayfield. By the way, who is that team in the poll, HOLLY CROSS?

Good match up, I think Mayfield wins in a tight one 21-20

I've been impressed with LHC all year, don't know a thing about Mayfield other than what I've read, sounds like they have an awesome team, but I can't imagine this game being a runaway in either direction.

How healthy is Holy Cross right now? Two of their key players were hurt in the loss to Paducah Tilghman, and I was told both were a little slow to recover.

The thing which keeps being overlooked about Mayfield is their defense. People just talk about the offensive side of the ball - which they are great - but statistically they are the best defensive team in 1A.

Oh yeah , I am positive they don't have Tilghman speed . Does that mean that they are not faster than HC ? No way . It is only a speed reference . Even though Mayfield beat Tilghman , does not mean they were faster than them . All I was referring to was the speed issue . Because Mayfield even proved that the faster team does not always win . Everyone in Louisville knows how good mayfield is too ! We also know that we are the underdog . But , something tells me that Holy Cross will show up on friday and be ready to play . Hope to see you there . Or will you be critiqueing everything from your computer at home ? Hook up with us and drink a beer before the game . I

 

Ok, as long as you're sure, that's all I needed to know. Sounds like you have us scouted pretty well.:thumb:

 

... and you'll find that Mayfield travels as well as anyone.

Mayfield by 14.

How healthy is Holy Cross right now? Two of their key players were hurt in the loss to Paducah Tilghman, and I was told both were a little slow to recover.

 

I too would like to know about these 2 who if I am not mistaken played til around the half before injury and at the half the PT game was tight.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.