1A Mayfield/Holy Cross (Louisville) predictions

gold sunrise

Which team will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

Mayfield 35

LHC 7

Mayfield will have to much speed for them on offense and LHC will not be able to consistantly run the ball on them.

I dont think LHC is known for their passing game. While I think LHC will be a worthy opponent ,unless the Cards lay an egg

I dont see LHC winning this game.

Personally, I think Mayfields team speed is greater than Tilghmans. PT has 3-4 kids with terrific speed, but, there line wasn't particularly fast, whereas, Mayfield has 7 or 8 kids with breakaway speed and a very quick line with good size. Not sure HC is gonna be much bigger either, compared to Kingston and Parrott, 280 and 275 repectively, anchoring the line...IMO, PT and Mfds speed neutralized each other and it was Mfds better execution and a few more kids capable of making a big play that was the difference...I also, don't think Mfd played particularly well against them. Came out strong and then got a little flat in the middle and then turned it on again in crunch time...

Just read in the Paducah SUN, that the 2 players that sat out the second half against PT are healty for LHC. Its very hard to compare just who has the most speed, I thought MHS matched PT's speed very well. I think that if the 2 kids for LHC had played the second half it would have been a lot closer game, one of the kids was LHC's leading rusher, but PT would still have wore them down eventually with thier speed. One thing a lot of you are forgetting is the fact that PT's best player (JOSH FORREST) did not even play in the game against LHC, and MHS beat PT with Forrest playing! Thats a huge difference! This kid has signed with UK, so you have to know he would have made a huge difference in that game!