Playing Both ways?

Play 2 Win

Are there any of the bigger schools that don't have anyone playing on both sides of the ball?

I know Ft Thomas used to not have anyone or maybe very few that played both ways...Is that still true?

Of the 22 offensive and defensive positions, how many players on your high school team actually start?

It's still true at Highlands. About the only one on Highlands team that starts both ways is Guidugli and that's not always the case. When he does start both ways, he gets a whole lot of breaks (mostly on defense, but some offense also). For a while they had one of the guard positions filled sometimes with a starter on defense, but with Andrew Roller's very good lineplay of late, they aren't even doing that anymore. So the only one is Guidugli and that's not all the time. Petracco and Shisler will play some o and some d, but again, there is a whole lot of subbing going on. No one plays anywhere close to the whole game on o and on d.

This is a great way to give many kids a chance to play= more kids who will come out for the team. I know that this is impossible in many cases. But if you can you will have more fresh players than your opponets. Especially important at this time of the year.

About 7 played special teams, but kick off return was mostly reserves, and punt had some too, but punt return was the defense and kickoff was all starters. This year if I'm not mistaken, for SURE 8 played both ways. Offense had a few different linemen, but the backs stayed in pretty much the whole game, the only time they got a break was when recievers would run plays in. The reserves really only had opportunities to get in on special teams, but truly, I'd estimate that only about 18 guys played consistantly.