• Fort Campbell
    • Corbin
    • Monroe County
    • Washington County

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah!!! They are the real deal again this year. That side of the bracket is stacking up to be very tough as well!!!

I think from one end of the state to the other, 2A football is by far the most competitive with some excellent match-ups. I just wish we could play some games on Friday and some on Saturday so I could travel and see some of these great teams.

No doubt 2A football is the most open of the classes... OC will be very dangerous because of the offense they run, the Tony Franklin system has given some teams fits over the years, Monroe being one of those teams. Coach Petett is very familiar with them from when he was DC and they were in our district, but we have a lot of work to do before we even think about that game...

OC out west seems really impressive

Looks like they can put up points but their schedule looks pretty poor. Don't have the record for the Indiana team but 28-53 for their other nine opponents. Not saying they aren't good but they've feasted on poor opponents. NCC on the other team has played a very strong non district schedule: Dixie, Ryle, CovCath, Campbell and Beechwood. They lost three of those but they are battle tested.

Looks like they can put up points but their schedule looks pretty poor. Don't have the record for the Indiana team but 28-53 for their other nine opponents. Not saying they aren't good but they've feasted on poor opponents. NCC on the other team has played a very strong non district schedule: Dixie, Ryle, CovCath, Campbell and Beechwood. They lost three of those but they are battle tested.

If we are looking at schedules Danville's has made the battle ready IMO. Mason County, Somerset, Boyle, Southwestern. Not to mention Pikeville, Frankfort, and Washington County.

I would say that Newport Catholic has a slight advantage. I believe that the 2A playoff race will be one of the more interesting to follow and that there are a few teams that could go all the way. It will come down to who plays the hardest and wants it most.

They lost 2 of those.