Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good could Ryle be?

Featured Replies

If Boone County youth football devleoped players the way Ft. Thomas does, how good could Ryle be?? They seem to be making the most of what they get; Cooper is still a work in progress, Conner is very up and down- down now, and Boone continues to slip into the abyss.

 

Could Ryle be on par with Trinity and X yearly????

  • Replies 111
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both Ryle and Simon Kenton have the abilities to grow their programs into state contenders. Both areas are growing faster than any other area in NKY. If I'm not mistaken, Ryle has started their own youth program, and SK can surely do the same. A couple years ago, the starter team had around 80 kids dressed. It's nearly impossible to play all, so many parents/kids get discouraged and don't play anymore. IMO the youth league is what makes Highlands successful year after year, and if any 6A team wants to compete down state, then this is one area that can help them do so.

Ryle, yes. SK, not so sure. Ryle "should" be there in the end this year. T is the team to beat....IMO.

I think Ryle will be still high on the win over Highlands that Madison Central takes them out in the first round next week!

I think with Ryle now having a middle school team, you'll see them as one of the top 3 teams in nky on a yearly basis for the simple fact that the kids will get in to the "system" at an earlier age.

I think Ryle will be still high on the win over Highlands that Madison Central takes them out in the first round next week!

 

I saw Madison Central earlier in the year against Newcath...no way they stay within 4 td's of the Raiders.

I think Ryle will be still high on the win over Highlands that Madison Central takes them out in the first round next week!

 

Not a chance

I think with Ryle now having a middle school team, you'll see them as one of the top 3 teams in nky on a yearly basis for the simple fact that the kids will get in to the "system" at an earlier age.

 

Next year stop Elliot and you win.

Next year stop Elliot and you win.

 

Ryle will be more than a one trick pony next year. You obviously don't know much about their program.

 

Their sophomore class is LOADED with talent and the frosh group from this year is pretty darn good as well.

After seeing what their JV and Frosh teams have done against HHS, I'm not so sure. Then again, HHS JV and Frosh are very good. So I may be way off base here. A lot of people will say that JV and Frosh teams successes don't necessary mean you will be good at the Varsity level. To a degree, that is correct. But it makes you wonder what is in the pipeline after Hempel this year and Elliott next. Big, no, huge and I mean huge shoes to fill.

 

I watched those JV and Freshman games and not naming positions, but I found it hard to believe a school the size of Ryle had players of that caliber playing. Looking at their sideline with all those kids, one would think they could be a little better. Maybe I'm out of line, but comparing them to HHS is a pretty good barometer to Trinity and St X. Sorry, but SK isn't in the mix!

Ryle will be more than a one trick pony next year. You obviously don't know much about their program.

 

Their sophomore class is LOADED with talent and the frosh group from this year is pretty darn good as well.

 

Well, OK, maybe I am way off base. What do I know? :idunno:

Oh, and I would love to see it happen. Someone, especially from NKY to give the Big Boys of Louisville some competition.:thumb:

Ryle will probably have a bit of a let down after beating Highlands because they are not used to being in this position over history. However, they WILL NOT lose to a very bad Madison Central team.

After seeing what their JV and Frosh teams have done against HHS, I'm not so sure. Then again, HHS JV and Frosh are very good. So I may be way off base here. A lot of people will say that JV and Frosh teams successes don't necessary mean you will be good at the Varsity level. To a degree, that is correct. But it makes you wonder what is in the pipeline after Hempel this year and Elliott next. Big, no, huge and I mean huge shoes to fill.

 

I watched those JV and Freshman games and not naming positions, but I found it hard to believe a school the size of Ryle had players of that caliber playing. Looking at their sideline with all those kids, one would think they could be a little better. Maybe I'm out of line, but comparing them to HHS is a pretty good barometer to Trinity and St X. Sorry, but SK isn't in the mix!

 

A lotta injuries this year in Union. There are some pretty good young football players (particularly sophs) saw their season cut short. IF they come back healthy, Ryle will reload next season.

A lotta injuries this year in Union. There are some pretty good young football players (particularly sophs) saw their season cut short. IF they come back healthy, Ryle will reload next season.

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.