Bengals Biggest Need?

What is the Bengals Biggest Need?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Bengals Biggest Need?

• Quarterback
    • Offensive Line
    • Defensive Line
    • Other (please specify)

What does everyone think is the Bengals biggest need?

I know a lot of people think Palmer is the biggest problem area, but IMO, it's the Defensive Line. They generate zero pressure.

Looking at the upcoming draft class and a couple mock drafts, it appears there are 6-7 legit DE/DTs in the top 15-20 range.

Marcell Dareus DE/DT Alabama

Robert Quinn DE UNC

Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

Allen Bailey DE/DT Miami (FL)

Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson

Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue

Nick Fairley DE/DT Auburn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In watching teams like the Bengals and Cowboys, you really feel like they have some solid talent, but too many knuckleheads around to be a complete team. Team cohesiveness is more important in the NFL than any other pro sport, imo. When your team leaders are Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, flaws will ultimately come to the surface.

Clayborn is the way I would really want to go if I'm the Bengals. I really like Fairley, but I think the Bengals could use a DE rather than a DT, though Fairley can play both. Quinn wouldn't be bad, but I don't think the Bengals can afford to go down that road and risk another #1 on a guy that might have some character issues.

Clayborn is the way I would really want to go if I'm the Bengals. I really like Fairley, but I think the Bengals could use a DE rather than a DT, though Fairley can play both. Quinn wouldn't be bad, but I don't think the Bengals can afford to go down that road and risk another #1 on a guy that might have some character issues.

You want the Bengals to draft yet another DE? They took Michael Johnson in the 3rd round 2 years ago & Carlos Dunlap in the 2nd round last year. The Bengals will not go after another DE in the draft - at least not in the 1st 2 rounds. The Bengals would be best served by drafting an offensive lineman. Hopefully he can step in and start at either LT or RT. The other T position will be filled by Andre Smith. Andrew Whitworth will move back to guard, where he belongs, and the line will be much improved.

You want the Bengals to draft yet another DE? They took Michael Johnson in the 3rd round 2 years ago & Carlos Dunlap in the 2nd round last year. The Bengals will not go after another DE in the draft - at least not in the 1st 2 rounds. The Bengals would be best served by drafting an offensive lineman. Hopefully he can step in and start at either LT or RT. The other T position will be filled by Andre Smith. Andrew Whitworth will move back to guard, where he belongs, and the line will be much improved.

Fans had mentioned getting some pass rush help, so I gave the guys I thought would fit well. I don't care who the Bengals draft, but an OT wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Fans had mentioned getting some pass rush help, so I gave the guys I thought would fit well. I don't care who the Bengals draft, but an OT wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

There is no doubt that the Bengals need to improve their pass rush, but drafting a DE early is not the answer. A big DT could help, but I really like Atkins. I think Peko is serviceable, particularly against the run.

At this point, I would draft an elite safety (if one is available) or an offensive lineman. I could live with a defensive tackle or linebacker (to take D. Jones' spot).

They really need a pass rusher. Geathers was a contract wonder and nothing else. Odom is injury plagued who knows what he has left. Peko and Tank can jam the middle but that's about it. Rivers is a finesse linebacker while Maualuga tries to be a physical enforcer, if you mixed them together you would have Ray Lewis.