Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it the CovCath or the Dixie highway?

Featured Replies

So who owns the US 25/42/127 Highway that runs through Kenton County?

 

It is the CovCath highway or the Dixie highway? :confused:

 

This coming Saturday, we will find out.

 

Historically speaking, CovCath is 29-7 over Dixie but past history won't win you this important District game, as the winner gets to host a home game in the first round of the playoffs and the loser has to travel (I believe) to Montgomery County to play.

 

Who wins and why? :idunno:

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath because they have a lot of confidence after hanging tight with Highlands.

It's a toss-up. Dixie will be well rested and CovCath is going to be fired up after sticking close to Highlands on Friday. I'll go with CovCath because I have more faith in the coaching staff.

I don't think anything has been decided in the other district just yet. JC and Montgomery County will decide 1 & 2 this Friday.

If what I heard is true then CovCath BIG...If not than CovCath by 3pts..

If what I heard is true then CovCath BIG...If not than CovCath by 3pts..

 

Not sure what you're referencing, but unless there's been some kind of shake-up for the red Colonels, I see the game being within a touchdown...Cov Cath coming out on top.

 

Cov Cath is coming off of a very strong showing in a huge rivalry game that was expected to be a moderate blow-out, which can definitely be a big morale booster. That being said, with a lot of youngsters starting for Cov Cath, it can also have a negative impact if they let that go to their heads and come out flat against Dixie.

 

I think Friday was the closest Cov Cath has come to playing at their full potential as of yet...unfortunately it comes with only 2 regular season games left to go. This week I think we're going to see whether or not this relatively young team decides that they're going to play like they are truly able to, or if they're going to need another year to learn how to step up and lead the team to some big victories in some tough games.

 

Dixie will be a tough opponent either way, but like I said, I'm gonna have to go with the good Colonels from Park Hills for the win.

Even until the second half.CC has advantage with coaches and conditioning and it will show late.CC by 2 TD'S

TOG mentioned that a first-round playoff home game is at stake in this game.

 

Here's a related question: hypothetically, let's say CCH beats Dixie and gets the no.-2 spot in the district. Let's also say that Highlands, CCH, Dixie and Johnson Central (the no. 1 team in their respective district) all win their first-round playoff games. Who plays at HHS in week two, and who plays at JC?

  • Author
TOG mentioned that a first-round playoff home game is at stake in this game.

 

Here's a related question: hypothetically, let's say CCH beats Dixie and gets the no.-2 spot in the district. Let's also say that Highlands, CCH, Dixie and Johnson Central (the no. 1 team in their respective district) all win their first-round playoff games. Who plays at HHS in week two, and who plays at JC?

 

If what you ask happens, Dixie would play @ HHS while CovCath would travel to JC once again!

If what you ask happens, Dixie would play @ HHS while CovCath would travel to JC once again!

So, let's say that hypothetically there's this Highlands fan, and he happens to live in, say, North Carolina, and he really doesn't want his high school alma mater to have to play CCH again (or at least play them later rather than sooner in the playoffs)... I guess this hypothetical fan should be cheering for CCH to beat Dixie this week, right?!

  • Author
So, let's say that hypothetically there's this Highlands fan, and he happens to live in, say, North Carolina, and he really doesn't want his high school alma mater to have to play CCH again (or at least play them later rather than sooner in the playoffs)... I guess this hypothetical fan should be cheering for CCH to beat Dixie this week, right?!

 

Of course! :D:lol::thumb:

If what I heard is true then CovCath BIG...If not than CovCath by 3pts..

 

Yeah no kidding!!! Kids will be kids I guess....

Anyone care to elaborate on what they heard and how it will impact this game?

Anyone care to elaborate on what they heard and how it will impact this game?

 

Haven't heard anything other than business as usual....

Anyone care to elaborate on what they heard and how it will impact this game?

 

I have heard the rumor, but those type of rumors seem to follow this individual. I don't think it will have any impact on the game.

TOG mentioned that a first-round playoff home game is at stake in this game.

 

Here's a related question: hypothetically, let's say CCH beats Dixie and gets the no.-2 spot in the district. Let's also say that Highlands, CCH, Dixie and Johnson Central (the no. 1 team in their respective district) all win their first-round playoff games. Who plays at HHS in week two, and who plays at JC?

If Cov Cath beats Dixie, and JC wins their last district game, this is how the brackets should line up:

 

1 Highlands

4 Woodford County

 

2 Montgomery County

3 Dixie Heights

 

1 Johnson Central

4 Scott

 

2 Cov Cath

3 Ashland

 

 

[if Dixie wins, just switch the two in the bracket.]

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.