Auburn 37 Kentucky 34

swamprat

Kentucky is scoring points, it's just that the defense does very little. They scored 35 points last week and 34 this week. Those should be enough points to win a ball game!

I agree, this U.K. team will score on anyone.

With the exception of the 2nd half of yesterdays game imo the U.K. defense has been at best pitiful. Any team anywhere is not going to win any kind of championship, especially in the SEC without playing defense.

To me the bottom line is depth,all the top teams have it and U.K. doesn't. Teams like Bama, Florida and the like have 2nd teams that could compete with and maybe beat U.K.'s 1st team.

Edited by oldrambler

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud of UK. They had no business even being in the game with Auburn, especially going off how bad UK has been this season and the fact Auburn jumped out to a big lead. It's disappointing to lose a close one, especially the way UK lost but this game actually gave me some hope for the team. With a good game plan they may be able to sneak up of SC who will be due for a down week coming off the biggest win in school history.

I can understand and respect what you are saying but I do not believe in moral victories. A moral victory is a loss........period.

U.K. has had how many years of "moral" victories? I know it is far more than I care to remember. As long as people say things like "I'm proud, We showed some positives, We played great for part of the game, lf we could put two halves together" and so on then they will be satisfiied with 7-4, 6-6 seasons. I am tired of those in what seems like every season. JMO

Edited by oldrambler

I can understand and respect what you are saying but I do not believe in moral victories. A moral victory is a loss........period.

U.K. has had how many years of "moral" victories? I know it is far more than I care to remember. As long as people say things like "I'm proud, We showed some positives, We played great for part of the game, lf we could put two halves together" and so on then they will be satisfiied with 7-4, 6-6 seasons. I am tired of those in what seems like every season. JMO

OR, I also root for Miami and Michigan so I needed a moral victory at a minimum yesterday. It was a tough day.......

Cobb's draft position will probably keep him around.

Cobb is what he is. Coming back for another year is not likely to improve his position, IMO. He's too small to by a first round pick, but he's too explosive and too much of a playmaker to go undrafted. I think he could be an excellent slot receiver and kick returner for some NFL team. His opportunity should be there with guys like Wes Welker making that position more popular.

Cobb is what he is. Coming back for another year is not likely to improve his position, IMO. He's too small to by a first round pick, but he's too explosive and too much of a playmaker to go undrafted. I think he could be an excellent slot receiver and kick returner for some NFL team. His opportunity should be there with guys like Wes Welker making that position more popular.

A lot of players are paving the way for the Cobb type player, Sproyles and McCluster really come to mind. But the NFL is stratng to learn the value of these guys.