Highlands/CovCath (Frosh) Predictions

katbird

Who wins and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

I just think it would be neat to have a state wide freshman thread so we could follow the teams and see how they have gotten better over the years. Don't get me wrong we have great thread on local teams.But teams down east and to the west we don't hear much about until varsity time.Just like us they have studs but who are they? If i knew how to get it started i would, but i'm new on here and don't know a lot of people.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son played on the middle school team and they went undefeated last season. My question would be is the HHS freshmen team keeping the first string in and running up the score or are they like the Colonels and giving 2nd and 3rd string a chance on the field. As was posted in a previous thread, our first team squads got little to no playing time at the LLoyd game. Scores do not tell the story.

Edited by blue and white mom
spelling mistake

My son played on the middle school team and they went undefeated last season. My question would be is the HHS freshmen team keeping the first string in and running up the score or are they like the Colonels and giving 2nd and 3rd string a chance on the field. As was posted in a previous thread, our first team squads got little to no playing time at the LLoyd game. Scores do not tell the story.

I think it would be beneficial if you clarified the above. Are you truly asking or are you implying?

Secondly, does it really matter?

I think it would be beneficial if you clarified the above. Are you truly asking or are you implying?

Secondly, does it really matter?

if you are saying HHS is better because their scores are higher ie 53-0 then you may not get the full picture of the team--hence "scores do not tell the story" I just noticed a common theme to why HHS is better and made a comment. I would rather hear about players or team stategies. I imply nothing--if you read my second post I made no predictions other than a great game. It must matter if you made the comment.

if you are saying HHS is better because their scores are higher ie 53-0 then you may not get the full picture of the team--hence "scores do not tell the story" I just noticed a common theme to why HHS is better and made a comment. I would rather hear about players or team stategies. I imply nothing--if you read my second post I made no predictions other than a great game. It must matter if you made the comment.

All I can say is when you see the size of Highlands and then see the speed of their backs you will think they are a JV team.

All I can say is when you see the size of Highlands and then see the speed of their backs you will think they are a JV team.

Let me tell you, CovCath are monsters and these boys are the real deal. They will not back down from anybody and won't let HHS get into their heads. Nick Pope is a stud and the Dressman boy is all that and then some. It's like TOG says. It's the "baby Birds" against the "young Men" of CovCath. That right there should say something. Don't be surprised if CCH has caught up with the Birds.

Bold statement Mom. I'm hoping the Birds can keep it close.

Bold statement Mom. I'm hoping the Birds can keep it close.

Me too. Outside of the St X game HHS starters have not played much more than a half in every game. Last night, some starters did not play at all and others were out, for good, in the 2nd qtr.. Hope the Birds can keep it close. Go Birds....Beat Colonels!!!!

I've been told that Ross Meek for CovCath is an absolute BEAST. Was on the O-Line but has moved to D-Line and has seemed to found a home. Anyone know his number? He'll be super-motivated as his cousin was a former HHS All-Stater and gave him an upclose and personal look at a couple of HHS State Rings!! This should be a WHALE of a frosh game!

Aside from the two backs coming in when Lloyd scored, the first team did not see the field at all versus LLoyd. I do not know anything about HHS frosh. My son has played with these CCH boys in since 7th grade. I think the play calling has been conservative once the touchdowns begin. Dressman, Bir and Pope could keep them coming almost at will against every team they have played thus far and the passing game is quite good as well. That is not indicative of what will happen next Weds, it is just a statement that speaks to the scoring this season. The first string sits quite a bit. Cannot imagine what the scores would be with aggressive play calling and more first team action.

Edited by bluecolonelmom
spelling