Would most HS soccer coaches be a good club coach?

I know quite a few high school coaches that would make and/or are good club coaches. To answer your question, I don't think the HHS coaches have any interest in coaching club soccer but would be fine. While encouraging the kids to play at the highest level year round, the coaches appreciate the kids getting a different perspective.

Coaching high school soccer is much tougher than club. On a club team you have 16-18 kids of relatively equal talent. Put them in place, give them the training, and go play. A high school team may have a few premier players, a few 2nd or 3rd tier select players, and fill in the balance with rec players. Molding a group of this type make-up into a winner is what high school soccer coahing is all about.

Team chemistry is so important in high school soccer. My experience is with girls soccer, and I have seen the tension on the field, on the sidelines, and in the stands when the team is not in sync. To get the star players to bring out the best in your lesser players and not get frustrated will make or break the group. A good high school coach makes team chemistry a priority.

I know quite a few high school coaches that would make and/or are good club coaches. To answer your question, I don't think the HHS coaches have any interest in coaching club soccer but would be fine. While encouraging the kids to play at the highest level year round, the coaches appreciate the kids getting a different perspective.

Coaching high school soccer is much tougher than club. On a club team you have 16-18 kids of relatively equal talent. Put them in place, give them the training, and go play. A high school team may have a few premier players, a few 2nd or 3rd tier select players, and fill in the balance with rec players. Molding a group of this type make-up into a winner is what high school soccer coahing is all about.

Team chemistry is so important in high school soccer. My experience is with girls soccer, and I have seen the tension on the field, on the sidelines, and in the stands when the team is not in sync. To get the star players to bring out the best in your lesser players and not get frustrated will make or break the group. A good high school coach makes team chemistry a priority.

I would agree, and a high school coach would also have to make ego checking another top priority. Some Primma Donna type players will sometimes demean or attempt to intimidate teammates they consider to be less skilled than themselves, leading to a poor team chemistry. Coaches may inadvertently feed into this mindset by continually praising or recognizing only certain, "star" players for even the most mundane feats, while ignoring or downplaying the accomplishments of others on the team.....Coaches should keep in mind that for every great play made by an individual, there are generally one or two good, solid, fundamental plays made by their teammates that helped lead to that one "great" play. A good coach, be it Club or High School, will spread the praise accordingly....