Top WR's in NKY

Walter

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I'd have to go with 6'4 soph Deasean Peterson of Holmes.

Had over 600 yards receiving last year as a freshman and already has 17 rec. for 337 yards in 3 games for the Dogs as a sophomore. Also had over 100 yards against Newcath and SK in the two scrimmages...against SK, the 100 yards came in ONE HALF.

Who are some other WR's around nky putting up some nice numbers early on?

You have two SK players in the top 5...surprising.

I'd take Gall, Sheehan, and Gold from Highlands over both of your guys.

Leonard and Cohorn have both been impressive early on...I'd take those two over Winkler and Krummen as well.

Connelly is probably the best PROSPECT in this year's senior class because of his size and speed. Wouldn't have Winkler and Krummen above him either.

I haven't seen Peterson in person by I have heard he is very good. I can tell you from the one's I have seen (Ryle, Covcath, Dixie, Highlands,Sk, Beechwood,Campbell, NewCath, Scott and Bellevue) Connelly stands out in the crowd, both physicall and figuratively. His production is pretty amazing he is averaging a TD every 3 catches. I say throw more his way!

I have also been impressed by Gold as route runner, and Leonard for his tenacity.

We briefly discussed this over the summer and in a previous thread, but who are some of the best WR's in nky early on?

Highlands "four" receivers. They have some big numbers after playing against top DBs on powerhouse teams like Trinity, Ryle, Manual, and Beechwood. They were impressive in 7 on 7 against Moeller and SK this summer. They are "some of the best WRs", and as a core, the best in northern KY. And to define "Top receiver", they aren't hung up on who does what, they play as a group and smack high fives regardless of who makes the big catch.