NKY 4A

gametime

Shortly after NKy 4A expanded to 8 teams and the Lou 4A district swept the NKY 4A district, NKy 4A was told that Lou 4A was on another level and NKY 4A should get used to being swept because they would never be able to compete. NKY 4A said 3 of the 4 games were very competitive and NKY 4A wasn't that much behind Lou 4A. NKY 4A said they would get better but nobody believed then. When NKY 4A got better and split 2-2 with the Lou 4A district everybody said NKY hadn't proven anything by beating Ballard, Eastern, Shelby Co or Oldham Co because Trinity was the team you had to get past and no NKY 4A team had ever beaten Trinity. NKY 4A said they would get better and someday NKY 4A would beat Trinity. After NKY 4A went 3-1 in the first round against the Lou 4A district and beat Trinity in the second round last year, everybody is now saying that NKY still hasn't done anything because they haven't won a state title. I say NKY 4A is very comfortable being told what they can't accomplish and proving the "experts" wrong. NKy 4A is still improving and NKY will win a state title. Maybe it will be this year, maybe not; but it will happen and the time is not that far in the future.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortly after NKy 4A expanded to 8 teams and the Lou 4A district swept the NKY 4A district, NKy 4A was told that Lou 4A was on another level and NKY 4A should get used to being swept because they would never be able to compete. NKY 4A said 3 of the 4 games were very competitive and NKY 4A wasn't that much behind Lou 4A. NKY 4A said they would get better but nobody believed then. When NKY 4A got better and split 2-2 with the Lou 4A district everybody said NKY hadn't proven anything by beating Ballard, Eastern, Shelby Co or Oldham Co because Trinity was the team you had to get past and no NKY 4A team had ever beaten Trinity. NKY 4A said they would get better and someday NKY 4A would beat Trinity. After NKY 4A went 3-1 in the first round against the Lou 4A district and beat Trinity in the second round last year, everybody is now saying that NKY still hasn't done anything because they haven't won a state title. I say NKY 4A is very comfortable being told what they can't accomplish and proving the "experts" wrong. NKy 4A is still improving and NKY will win a state title. Maybe it will be this year, maybe not; but it will happen and the time is not that far in the future.

Nice post. NKY just has to keep moving forward.

They might wanna try to make it to the state game before they win it. If Boone had made it last year to the big game they would have been beaten by atleast 28 points.

Exactly. Anybody who can't see where 4A in NKY was, and where it is, is blind. You didn't believe me when I told you Dixie would win the district this year either did you? You still think the way it was is the way it is. Quoting a game in the 90's? When NKY's 4A district didn't even exist? How can you discount a win over Trinity last season? One of the big two. I'm sick to death of this old tired mentallity. Across the board, teams are improving. Don't come to the games and remain ignorant for all I care, and please don't bother to congratulate us when we do win state. Your negativity towards our teams speaks volumes. You are trying to prop up your support of another class by discrediting ours and I'm not going down that road. You speak as though you are an authority, yet I doubt you have any idea how good or bad these teams are as you have not seen them in 7 8 or 9 weeks if your lucky. A few years ago, you could count on T being in the final game, now, no matter what anybody says, it is in doubt untill the game is played. Trinity's district isn't better than ours. I know it, they know it, and pretty much everybody else knows it. Last season there was not any Louisville representation in the last three games on this side of the bracket, so maybe you ought to rethink your pro Louisville stance. We're better than we were. I know it, they know it, and now you know it too.

Exactly. Anybody who can't see where 4A in NKY was, and where it is, is blind. You didn't believe me when I told you Dixie would win the district this year either did you? You still think the way it was is the way it is. Quoting a game in the 90's? When NKY's 4A district didn't even exist? How can you discount a win over Trinity last season? One of the big two. I'm sick to death of this old tired mentallity. Across the board, teams are improving. Don't come to the games and remain ignorant for all I care, and please don't bother to congratulate us when we do win state. Your negativity towards our teams speaks volumes. You are trying to prop up your support of another class by discrediting ours and I'm not going down that road. You speak as though you are an authority, yet I doubt you have any idea how good or bad these teams are as you have not seen them in 7 8 or 9 weeks if your lucky. A few years ago, you could count on T being in the final game, now, no matter what anybody says, it is in doubt untill the game is played. Trinity's district isn't better than ours. I know it, they know it, and pretty much everybody else knows it. Last season there was not any Louisville representation in the last three games on this side of the bracket, so maybe you ought to rethink your pro Louisville stance. We're better than we were. I know it, they know it, and now you know it too.

You seem to talk alot about how good NKY and I guess Dixie is your team is. Why don't you show me how good not tell me how good they are.

You seem to talk alot about how good NKY and I guess Dixie is your team is. While don't you show me how good not tell me how good they are.

Why don't you look and see how good we are, and stop running us down. I know alot about 4A, and I'm glad to inform you about it anytime you want.It is rediculous and classless for you to discredit the strides our programs are making in the state. My glass is more than half full, and it's getting better all the time.

BTW - Already did, beat Lasalle in 01 in the crosstown showdown, Played Elder down to the wire in 02 at the "Pit" 21-14, Played T close in 02 too in the second round (held them to a lot less than X that's for sure), beat T in 04, won district in 05, and we ain't done yet. :D We've done what we needed to do. BC hasn't done bad either.

Who won state last year in 4A? There wasn't even a NKY 4A rep in the game once again for what maybe since when Shaun was there? Your reaching GT. Yes NKY 4A will win some games but they can't get the job done. Couldn't do it with an all pro NFL back. They will never do it.

What a great piece of debate you have here! Exactly WHO in Louisville has gotten to the state game recently bersides T, X or M? Seems to me that the rest of Louisville (that would be somewhere in the 90+ percent range) hasn't done much against the same "Big Three" just as you so vehemently point out about NKY. And aren't two of these the same teams the glorious "leader of the level playing field" Mr. Sexton (a Louisville school administrator I'm quite certain you are aware) wants thrown out of the playoff system entirely because they don't "play by the same rules?" I, and I venture to say those from NKY who posted in this thread, have no problem with competing with Tand X, but who are you to hold us to a standard that your own city cannot attain as well? Get a grip. Beating one's chest on the merits of someone else's program while failing to attain the same standard is pretty lame stuff IMO. NKY 4A football is, was and will be as strong as anyone in the state aside from the BIG 3 and we will occaissionaly knock them off too (like last year). When Eastern, Ballard, Fern Creek, Manual or anybody else from Louisville beside T, X and M win a state 4A, then I'll be impressed with "Louisville" football. That with ALL due respect to the players and fans of those institutions because they aren't the ones making all this noise!

I think NKY 4A was good this whole year, i was one of the first one's to say we're not down just that theirs more parity. Gee took a while for that one to catch on.

As for playing louisville i do and always will think it's not a level playing field same class doesn't mean same size in numbers to pull from, plus how many of the private school kids work, go to school, and play football at the same time. Not nearly as many as in NKY 4A i'd say.

What a great piece of debate you have here! Exactly WHO in Louisville has gotten to the state game recently bersides T, X or M? Seems to me that the rest of Louisville (that would be somewhere in the 90+ percent range) hasn't done much against the same "Big Three" just as you so vehemently point out about NKY. And aren't two of these the same teams the glorious "leader of the level playing field" Mr. Sexton (a Louisville school administrator I'm quite certain you are aware) wants thrown out of the playoff system entirely because they don't "play by the same rules?" I, and I venture to say those from NKY who posted in this thread, have no problem with competing with Tand X, but who are you to hold us to a standard that your own city cannot attain as well? Get a grip. Beating one's chest on the merits of someone else's program while failing to attain the same standard is pretty lame stuff IMO. NKY 4A football is, was and will be as strong as anyone in the state aside from the BIG 3 and we will occaissionaly knock them off too (like last year). When Eastern, Ballard, Fern Creek, Manual or anybody else from Louisville beside T, X and M win a state 4A, then I'll be impressed with "Louisville" football. That with ALL due respect to the players and fans of those institutions because they aren't the ones making all this noise!

First off I was making reference to the big boys down in Louisville. You sound like a very upset fan about NKY 4A just like me. I want NKY 4A to win. I was glad to see Dixie win over T. I have just come to reality that our best NKY 4A team can not beat the best Louisville 4A team normally T, X or Male. You could combine Boone, Ryle and Dixie and they still would would struggle to beat a powerful team like X last year. Since you want to question my debate why don't you look at it this way. Boone has been dominated by 3A CovCath annually over the past 5-10 years. Boone also has been dominated by Highlands the past 5 years of match ups. Just like Dixie, Conner, Ryle, SK, Scott all struggle to beat good Highlands and CovCath teams. If you struggle to beat 3A power teams in your own backyard how will you beat the big boys down state in 4A? :rolleyes:

BTW - Played T close in 02 too in the second round (held them to a lot less than X that's for sure)

No dog in your family feud but lets stick to the facts. Trinity scored 31 points on Dixie in 02'. Sorry to say the Rocks didn't come anywhere near that number against X that year.

No dog in your family feud but lets stick to the facts. Trinity scored 31 points on Dixie in 02'. Sorry to say the Rocks didn't come anywhere near that number against X that year.

My bad, Male scored 56 not X in the championship game. Defensively we held you to less points than Male did, it was a good game too, in doubt till the end. If a view breaks go our way, it may have been even closer. Not trying to discount T at all. If anything....... well you know where I stand concerning them. :D

My bad, Male scored 56 not X in the championship game. Defensively we held you to less points than Male did, it was a good game too, in doubt till the end. If a view breaks go our way, it may have been even closer. Not trying to discount T at all. If anything....... well you know where I stand concerning them. :D

No offense, but the game was over early in the third quarter. I think you guys may hve turned the ball over going into score, Rocks scored quickly after that. Dixie deflated soon after. I believe your QB got a dinged up around that time while playing defense, that hurt also. I will give you this, that team was actually better (IMO) than the one that Trinity lost to last year. I hope the Rocks advance this week and if you guys are still standing, I welcome you down to Marshall for round three (both in the playoffs and our rivalry).

No offense, but the game was over early in the third quarter. I think you guys may hve turned the ball over going into score, Rocks scored quickly after that. Dixie deflated soon after. I believe your QB got a dinged up around that time while playing defense, that hurt also. I will give you this, that team was actually better (IMO) than the one that Trinity lost to last year. I hope the Rocks advance this week and if you guys are still standing, I welcome you down to Marshall for round three (both in the playoffs and our rivalry).

The Trinity 02 team was awesome. No doubt. :thumb:

Hopefully next week, we can talk about another rematch, but right now we both have games that if we get distracted will keep that from happening.