NKY 4A

gametime

Oh really? I seem to remember Elder sqeaking by Dixie 42-7 in 02'. :lol:

My apologies, I don't know where I came up with 21-14, maybe it was Blue Colonels game. I'm getting old and after all the hits I've taken I'm afraid the eggs are scrambled a bit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, I don't know where I came up with 21-14, maybe it was Blue Colonels game. I'm getting old and after all the hits I've taken I'm afraid the eggs are scrambled a bit.

It was the 2000 Elder vs HHS game 21-14. How it turned into a Dixie game I don't know. WOW! I need a drink.

Boone has been dominated by 3A CovCath annually over the past 5-10 years. Boone also has been dominated by Highlands the past 5 years of match ups. Just like Dixie, Conner, Ryle, SK, Scott all struggle to beat good Highlands and CovCath teams. If you struggle to beat 3A power teams in your own backyard how will you beat the big boys down state in 4A? :rolleyes:

IMO, these games mean absolutely nothing from a win/loss standpoint. Spritzky and Thompson use these games as mere scrimmages to find out where their teams are. Come the fourth game of the year, their lineups don't look anything like the lineup of the first 3 games. I'd love to see Dixie and Boone lineup with CCH and Highlands late in the season, but we all know it isn't going to happen.

IMO, these games mean absolutely nothing from a win/loss standpoint. Spritzky and Thompson use these games as mere scrimmages to find out where their teams are. Come the fourth game of the year, their lineups don't look anything like the lineup of the first 3 games. I'd love to see Dixie and Boone lineup with CCH and Highlands late in the season, but we all know it isn't going to happen.

Yep. Like it or not, these games have proven that they are not necessarily indicitive of the year that these teams will have. I like the rivalry's and we always try to win, but if we don't it doesn't hurt us, it just makes us stronger.

We've owned CCH the last 3 years leading up to this season .

If by "owned" you mean 'victorious' you will get no argument from me.

If you mean 'dominated', that would be a gross misrepresentation.

I'll assume that a logical yet rabid Dixie fan like yourself means option 1.

If by "owned" you mean 'victorious' you will get no argument from me.

If you mean 'dominated', that would be a gross misrepresentation.

I'll assume that a logical yet rabid Dixie fan like yourself means option 1.

I didn't think my rabbit had anything to do with it. :bunny:

:lol:

You know what I meant, my dander was up or I probably would have chosen my words better. As it was, I was responding to what I felt was an unpovoked and erroneous attack on our boys. I will concede that it was the latter I was speaking of.