States Toughest Schedule: Manual?

DuPont Manual has a brutal schedule this year. Only Trinity's possibly may be stronger with St. X's 3rd.

DUPONT MANUAL

2010 SCHEDULE

@ Highlands (5A #1)

vs. Fern Creek (6A #3)

vs. Trinity (6A #2)

vs. Colerain (Cincy, Ohio power)

@ Central (3A #2)

vs. Seneca

vs. PRP

@ St. X (6A #1)

@ Butler

@ Male (6A #8)

Edited by Sports Admin

DuPont Manual has a brutal schedule this year. Only Trinity's possibly may be stronger with St. X's 3rd.

DUPONT MANUAL

2010 SCHEDULE

@ Highlands (5A #1)

vs. Fern Creek (6A #3)

vs. Trinity (6A #2)

@ Central (3A #2)

vs. Seneca

vs. PRP

@ St. X (6A #1)

@ Butler

@ Male (6A #8)

No question that Manual's is truly ambitious. I believe they started that trend last year. It is great to see them continuing. it only helps. Congrats to them for doing what needs to be down to upgrade a program.

Glad you also recognized T's. With not one -but two - Cincy Powers. An Indy Power. Manual - Eastern -Ballard and Seneca (all highly touted in this am C-J. And last, but certainly not least - our own beloved St.X.

GO ROCKS.

I am looking at this from a distance, but I think it is the right move going to the tough schedule IF they get wins. They need to finish over .500. You take a tough schedule like that, add in the academics at the school and you have the makings to build state championship program. But they need to win games to build momentum. If they win games against that tough schedule, then they should draw top athletes to the school and get the talent they need to compete for titles. I would like to hear from those in Louisville about the potential for Manual to actually compete against X and T at some point for state titles. Is that an attainable goal for Manual?

No question that Manual's is truly ambitious. I believe they started that trend last year. It is great to see them continuing. it only helps. Congrats to them for doing what needs to be down to upgrade a program.

Glad you also recognized T's. With not one -but two - Cincy Powers. An Indy Power. Manual - Eastern -Ballard and Seneca (all highly touted in this am C-J. And last, but certainly not least - our own beloved St.X.

GO ROCKS.

Per Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary

Pronunciation: \bi-ˈləvd, -ˈlə-vəd, bē-\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from past participle of beloven to love, from be- + loven to love

Date: 14th century

: dearly loved : dear to the heart

— beloved noun

Why Jim, I didn't know you cared!:idunno:

I would rank the rock's schedule a close second to Manual's. Both face some traditional powerhouses as well as teams ranked highly this season.

Edited by Alan60
Credit

Per Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary

Pronunciation: \bi-ˈləvd, -ˈlə-vəd, bē-\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from past participle of beloven to love, from be- + loven to love

Date: 14th century

: dearly loved : dear to the heart

— beloved noun

Why Jim, I didn't know you cared!:idunno:

I would rank the rock's schedule a close second to Manual's. Both face some traditional powerhouses as well as teams ranked highly this season.

Absolutely - no one is nearer or dearer.

DUPONT MANUAL

2010 SCHEDULE

@ Highlands (5A #1)

vs. Fern Creek (6A #3)

vs. Trinity (6A #2)

@ Central (3A #2)

vs. Seneca

vs. PRP

@ St. X (6A #1)

@ Butler

@ Male (6A #8)

Wow!! Good Luck, don't think it could be any tougher than that!

As an FYI, Calpreps.com, a California based web group that tracks HS Football all over the country, has rated TRINITY as having the toughest schedule in the Bluegrass, followed at #2 by Manual.

Caplpreps.com - KY Strength of Schedule ranking

They do a real good job doing things objecively. Not sure how accurate it all is, but it's fun to look at regardless.

Interestingly, their schedule listing does not include this week's game. Don't know if Trinity is playing this week or not but gotta imagine if you include Highlands, Manual might be #1 in SOS.

-CardinalsFan

As an FYI, Calpreps.com, a California based web group that tracks HS Football all over the country, has rated TRINITY as having the toughest schedule in the Bluegrass, followed at #2 by Manual.

Caplpreps.com - KY Strength of Schedule ranking

They do a real good job doing things objecively. Not sure how accurate it all is, but it's fun to look at regardless.

Interestingly, their schedule listing does not include this week's game. Don't know if Trinity is playing this week or not but gotta imagine if you include Highlands, Manual might be #1 in SOS.

-CardinalsFan

Thanks for the link. I clicked through the rankings for a bit and didn't see Highlands anywhere on the list though. Hard to believe...

:confused: