Highlands/Manual Predictions

jbwill2

Who wins?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Agree with much of what you said, and you obviously get what Dale is doing. Play an okay schedule and hope aeverybody else loses and be in the discussion. That is why I think St. X (Lou) and Trinity have an obligation to schedule Highlands every other year or so. We know the birds are going to win 5A, and one of those two is going to win 6A, so when they don't play each other in the regular season, it leaves much to be desired. In the end, the national champion discussion has only come up relatively recently, and Trinity and Highlands like to count state crowns. I just think if they played each other and then each won the state championship in their respective classes, all would know for sure who was the best.

I've seen a lot of football, and it sounds like you have as well, but don't agrre kentucky is avrage at the sport. I would say below average, again, except for around 10 teams or so.

So we both know what Dale is doing and I agree with it and you don't. On a national stage it is better to play one of the Big 3 Cincinnati Schools because they are more well known teams across the country

opposed to the Louisville schools. There is a lot that goes into the very complex schedules, but it is hard to accuse Highlands of playing a completly weak schedule every year.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Manual a lot of credit-and yes Highlands will crush them Friday, but Manual plays a big boy schedule.

Why do you think Highlands will crush Manual this Friday? Highlands certainly didn't crush Manual last year when the 'Birds beat them 19-8. It's my understanding Manual returns a great deal of experience and athleticism from last year's team, while HHS is starting a bunch of guys who were only back-ups last season.

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right about the crushing part, but I highly doubt it and will consider it a major victory if HHS gets through Friday with any sort of win (be it 1 point or 20 points) and no injuries.

Without a doubt Highlands is the best 5A team. Not the best in the tri-state. Not the best team in Kentucky. Not in the nation.
As others have pointed out, no team can claim to be the best over all others, every year. But when you're talking about the teams who are most consistantly among the best, Highlands is right there. No amount of spin or illogical scheduling arguments can change that fact.

Without a doubt Highlands is the best 5A team. Not the best in the tri-state. Not the best team in Kentucky. Not in the nation.

History, I think that if what you wrote above turns out to be true this year, then 99.95% of Highlands fans will be pleased with the outcome, as the first priority for Highlands year in and year out is to win a state title.

Your prediction is questionable at this point in time, given that Johnson Central and Bowling Green will be tough this year.

History, I think that if what you wrote above turns out to be true this year, then 99.95% of Highlands fans will be pleased with the outcome, as the first priority for Highlands year in and year out is to win a state title.

Your prediction is questionable at this point in time, given that Johnson Central and Bowling Green will be tough this year.

I have respect for both programs, but neither the Purples nor JC is within 3 touchdowns of Highlands.

Is this game being broadcast over the airways or on the internet? If so, please provide details. Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure that there is a Manual football website (or the school website) that will audio broadcast the game live.

Why do you think this year is any different than the past two year's against JC? JC kept it close in both 08' and 09'.....within 3 as a matter fact with the so called "national title" team.

JC cannot throw the ball, and if you can't have the threat of throwing the ball against Highlands, you will not beat them.