Reds' Cueto gets 7-game suspension

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. They just argued. I thought they might get a game a piece just because that started the whole fiasco. But, I think just fines is perfectly acceptable.

I agreed with you I thought they would get a game at least because they started the fight with the discussion at home plate before the first pitch.

If Molina would have kept his feelings in check Cueto would not of had to protect himself. The Cardinals are exactly what Phillips said they were.

Ok so I am guessing this is all Molina's fault correct? I'm guessing Phillips saying what was said had nothing to do with it?

I am no doubt looking at the issue through my Reds fan goggles, but I wonder how Carpenter gets a free pass on game suspension. I'm not sure what he screamed at Dusty but whatever it was incited phase II of the riot.

By that reasoning why not Phillips because what he said then did started it all.

BTW, I don't think he or Molina should have been suspended. Just tired of all the blame being deflected to the Cardinals for this.

If Molina would have kept his feelings in check Cueto would not of had to protect himself. The Cardinals are exactly what Phillips said they were.

Protect himself my butt. Watch the video. He gets pinned by his own players. He went after Carpenter from behind and I assume his team mates didn't want him getting ejected so they yanked him off and that's when he was pushed into the back stop. The two people he kicked weren't even coming at him. Hell, he kicked Carpenter in the back. He wasn't protecting himself he was taking cheap shots.

Protect himself my butt. Watch the video. He gets pinned by his own players. He went after Carpenter from behind and I assume his team mates didn't want him getting ejected so they yanked him off and that's when he was pushed into the back stop. The two people he kicked weren't even coming at him. Hell, he kicked Carpenter in the back. He wasn't protecting himself he was taking cheap shots.

I know, I feel the same way. But instead of trying to explain it to these guys again and again, just let it go. Everyone else around the country is ripping Cueto for his fighting ability. Let everyone on here just think Carpenter is a girl, and Cueto is some tough guy. Personally I think saying you were scared and kicking is worse then anything Carpenter did, but that is just me.