Reds' Cueto gets 7-game suspension

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Molina could be on my team any day. Reminded me of the Sox/Yanks scuffle a few years ago with A Rod and Varitek. Varitek is another guy I'd always want on my team. Maybe I just like catchers-they seem to back up the talk with action.

Edited by History
can't spell in the dark

The crybabies are you some of you fans, that is all many of you have done over the sour grapes of getting swept away by a superior team and I love it! Phillips should be thankful Molina didn't destroy him, had it come to a fight Molina has him by 30+ pounds and is tougher in every since. Keep on whinning and crying I am lovin it!

The crybabies are you some of you fans, that is all many of you have done over the sour grapes of getting swept away by a superior team and I love it! Phillips should be thankful Molina didn't destroy him, had it come to a fight Molina has him by 30+ pounds and is tougher in every since. Keep on whinning and crying I am lovin it!

Phillips called a spade a spade. Didn't back it up, but the truth is the truth...

And Rolen and Gomes were right behind to clean up on Molina, I think we all know how that would have went down. If Molina wanted some he could have had it.

I am amused at what some of you say about the Cardinals. If the Cardinals were an average team over the years like the Reds none of this would be said. Bottom line is that the Reds wish they had the success the Cardinals have had over the past 15 years and so do the fans.

This year there is not much difference between the two teams but something like what BP had to say may make the difference in who finishes where.

I am amused at what some of you say about the Cardinals. If the Cardinals were an average team over the years like the Reds none of this would be said. Bottom line is that the Reds wish they had the success the Cardinals have had over the past 15 years and so do the fans.

This year there is not much difference between the two teams but something like what BP had to say may make the difference in who finishes where.

If they didn't complain about the way baseballs were rubbed up, none of it would be said either.

If they didn't complain about the way baseballs were rubbed up, none of it would be said either.

And other teams don't complain about things from time to time?

If the Pirates were making that complaint would anything be said?

And other teams don't complain about things from time to time?

If the Pirates were making that complaint would anything be said?

Not things like how a baseball is rubbed up. They also complained about Arroyo because they couldn't hit him one start last year. I'm pretty sure earlier this year they made Mike Leake take something off that he's worn every other game without others complaining. So those comments didn't just come out of nowhere. It's pretty well known they do what they think they have to do to get an 'edge'.

I've never once heard a team like the Pirates make complaints about any of the three things listed.

Not things like how a baseball is rubbed up. They also complained about Arroyo because they couldn't hit him one start last year. I'm pretty sure earlier this year they made Mike Leake take something off that he's worn every other game without others complaining. So those comments didn't just come out of nowhere. It's pretty well known they do what they think they have to do to get an 'edge'.

I've never once heard a team like the Pirates make complaints about any of the three things listed.

To get an edge, that is the key. If it bothers the other team than they have won the battle of getting their attention away from what is important, the actual game. Other teams do it in baseball and others do it in other sports as well.

If the Pirates did complain, would anyone listen?

To get an edge, that is the key. If it bothers the other team than they have won the battle of getting their attention away from what is important, the actual game. Other teams do it in baseball and others do it in other sports as well.

If the Pirates did complain, would anyone listen?

Sure all the complaining they do probably works in their favor but that's what makes BP's comments so true. Molina shouldn't have been so offended by the truth.

FWIW, I think BP should have kept his mouth shut but I don't think those comments made St. Louis play any better this series or Cincy to play any worse. St. Louis played 3 very good games while Cincy played pretty poorly in all aspects. If they cut out a mistake at a key time or two they'd still be in first. But got to give credit where credit is due.

I don't know if anyone would listen if the Pirates complained...because it hasn't happened that I know of.

I'd rather just go out and beat somebody than complain when things aren't going your way but whatever works for Tony and his gang.

You don't think Molina was itching for a fight?

I think Molina was doing what any teammate would do. Phillips comes out and says that to the media, and then in what is supposed to be a gesture of friendship, Phillips does that. Molina is one of the team leaders on that team. He did the right thing.

Sure all the complaining they do probably works in their favor but that's what makes BP's comments so true. Molina shouldn't have been so offended by the truth.

FWIW, I think BP should have kept his mouth shut but I don't think those comments made St. Louis play any better this series or Cincy to play any worse. St. Louis played 3 very good games while Cincy played pretty poorly in all aspects. If they cut out a mistake at a key time or two they'd still be in first. But got to give credit where credit is due.

I don't necessarily believe that. True or not, most people are going to offended by something said. Especially what BP said about them.

I do think it had an effect on the games. Bulletin Board material will focus a team more and bring up the intensity. As a player if someone had something like that it would have me going just a little more. As a coach now, I use any extra motivation I can and if someone had said something like that. I would be sure to use it.