Reds' Cueto gets 7-game suspension

I think Molina was doing what any teammate would do. Phillips comes out and says that to the media, and then in what is supposed to be a gesture of friendship, Phillips does that. Molina is one of the team leaders on that team. He did the right thing.

I don't necessarily believe that. True or not, most people are going to offended by something said. Especially what BP said about them.

I do think it had an effect on the games. Bulletin Board material will focus a team more and bring up the intensity. As a player if someone had something like that it would have me going just a little more. As a coach now, I use any extra motivation I can and if someone had said something like that. I would be sure to use it.

I agree on both accounts. As someone that could care less for either of these teams, it is painfully obvious what Phillips instigated should have remained behind closed doors. The biggest sense of satisfaction Reds' apologists have in this is "what Phillips said is true." Congratulations. The only thing worse than the guys who moan and groan all the time are the guys obsessed with moaning and groaning about them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on both accounts. As someone that could care less for either of these teams, it is painfully obvious what Phillips instigated should have remained behind closed doors. The biggest sense of satisfaction Reds' apologists have in this is "what Phillips said is true." Congratulations. The only thing worse than the guys who moan and groan all the time are the guys obsessed with moaning and groaning about them.

Well said.

The crybabies are you some of you fans, that is all many of you have done over the sour grapes of getting swept away by a superior team and I love it! Phillips should be thankful Molina didn't destroy him, had it come to a fight Molina has him by 30+ pounds and is tougher in every since. Keep on whinning and crying I am lovin it!

That might be the hardest paragraph to read I've seen on BGP....What?

I do think it had an effect on the games. Bulletin Board material will focus a team more and bring up the intensity. As a player if someone had something like that it would have me going just a little more. As a coach now, I use any extra motivation I can and if someone had said something like that. I would be sure to use it.

Funny, they were talking about that on Baseball Tonight after BP's comments, and they all had the exact opposite take. But yeah, I'm sure you know better than guys like Kruk, Bobby V., and Nomar.

Funny, they were talking about that on Baseball Tonight after BP's comments, and they all had the exact opposite take. But yeah, I'm sure you know better than guys like Kruk, Bobby V., and Nomar.

They have their way I have my way. It has worked for me considering the success I've had.